Pork Satay (Post #8)

C

clevermom2004

Pork was on sale this week...but there are only 2 things I usually do with pork. S.O.S, and BBQ pork. anyone has any simple recipes for pork, that don't cost much? I family would love you for it:))

A

AshburnMom

Almost any cut of pork tastes great with olive oil, rosemary and garlic! Bit of salt and pepper and you're good to go!! If it's a roast/loin and you have one of those cooking bags, put the oil and salt/pepper/garlic(powder but fresh chopped if you have it) and rosemary (break it up a bit to release the oils) on it. Stick it in the bag and roast it in the oven. It's SOOOO good! My mom did this with some sort of sauce. I think she used the drippings and sour cream (?) to make it. YUM!

G

GJohnson39

Pork makes a great stir fry. I don't have a "recipe" - I just season with one of Penzey's curry blends or a chinese 5 spice (whichever i have, and just a pinch), garlic, crushed red pepper flakes , salt & pepper. I add whatever veggies are in the crisper drawer. I serve over soba noodles, but angel hair, spaghetti or fetticine would all work too.

K

kktl32

I like to dip them in grey poupon or honey mustard and then roll in bread crumbs and bake at 300 loin 45-60mins /350 chops 30-45mins it is so tender and yummy it's like frying but safer.my family loves this.

C

clevermom2004

thank you guys, some great ideas. Please keep them comming.

N

Nyvania

Pork Satay

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
  • 3 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons hot water
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
    1/3 cup milk
Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for dipping sauce. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. (I have marinaded overnight)

Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork slices onto 20 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear.
Meanwhile, for sauce, combine peanut butter and water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in lime juice and reserved soy sauce mixture.
Put mixture in a sauce pan, add 1/3 cup milk heat until smooth and warm.
Serve with skewers.

My kids love these!