Please share your tuna recipes!!

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Now that we all have big stockpiles of tuna pouches, let's share some recipes!! I already posted 2 this morning, and I'll post another one tomorrow. But...I'm always looking for new ideas for tuna, since I literally live on seafood!

Anyone???

E

ElaineHN

My 16 yr. old son invented his own version of TUNA SALAD ... :shrug7:

David's Tuna Salad

1 can/pouch tuna in water, (2.5 serving)
1/2 Avocado
1 diced Roma tomato
1 slice mild onion diced

Directions
  • Dice avocado, tomato and onion.
  • Drain tuna.
  • Mix all ingredients in bowl.
  • Season to taste if desired (salt, pepper, lemon or lime juice, a dab of mustard, &/or other herbs or spices to taste)
  • Refrigerate to allow flavors to mingle or serve immediate.
Great as a salad or as a sandwich, wrap or pita filling.

Number of Servings: 2

Nutritional Info
Calories: 161.0
Total Fat: 7.4 g
Cholesterol: 37.5 mg
Sodium: 319.3 mg
Total Carbs: 6.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
Protein: 17.6 g Weight Watchers Points: 3

XUfan

Trader Group
That salad sounds wonderful!! I can't wait to try it.

My favorite tuna salad right now, uses a pouch of tuna, some chopped red onions, green bell peppers, sliced black olives and Catalina or Western dressing. I don't measure anything, so I don't really have a recipe for it.

K

karenann33

Have NOT tried this yet but I hear if you cover it in bar-b-que sauce it tastes just like pulled pork. Put on pizza or sandwich.

XUfan

Trader Group
OK...here's the other one that I said I'd post:

TUNA & RICE

1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 T. olive oil
2 T. minced garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
1 8oz pack fresh sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
2 3oz pouches of tuna

Cook the rice in the broth according to package directions.
Heat the oil in a large skillet, add garlic, onion and bell peppers and cook for 5 mins, until translucent.
Add sliced mushrooms, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Stir in tuna and tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Add rice.
Serve and enjoy!

C

Cynthiabutterfly

I'm always looking for ways to use up my dressing stockpile.... and now I have tuna to match with it!

It's really good with some creamy italian. I made some tuna cakes and put a little creamy italian on top.

E

ElaineHN

Tuna Panini

This came in a Starkist Newsletter that I received this morning. Personally, I don't really like peppers, and don't care for 'hot tuna' but it actually sounds pretty good considering *LOL* :shrug7:

TUNA PANINI

Ingredients
1 cup thinly sliced sweet red or green peppers
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning and garlic salt
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
8 slice Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
8 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 (7.1-oz. ) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Premium Albacore Tuna Pouch

Directions:

In a skillet, over medium heat, saute peppers, onions, Italian seasoning and garlic salt in 1-Tablespoon hot oil until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside. Brush remaining oil on one side of each slice of bread. On four slices bread, layer 2 slices cheese on un-oiled side. Evenly divide sauted pepper mixture and Chicken of the Sea® Tuna over cheese; top with bread, oil side on outside . Place sandwich in hot skillet; press with spatula to compact filling. Cook until bread is lightly toasted and cheese begins to melt. Carefully turn sandwich and press again; cook until lightly toasted. Makes 4 sandwiches.

Nutrition Information
Serving Size 1; Calories 570; Calories from Fat 240; Fat 27 g.; Saturated Fat 9 g.; Carbohydrates 47 g.; Fiber 3 g.; Sugars 6 g.; Protein 35 g.; Cholesterol 55 mg.; Sodium 1080 mg.; Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 50%; Iron 15%

** To reduce the calories & fat, I would use Kraft FREE Italian dressing in place of the olive oil & Italian seasoning and reduce it to one piece of cheese per sandwich. I would probably also use a higher fiber multi-grain bread instead of traditional Italian bread.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hotcouponmama

Just as an easy appetizer...

We do tuna on cucumber slices - and you can do them with or without cheese....it's very refreshing and beats a cracker for calories.

Z

Zinnia

I like chopped Granny Smith apples in my tuna and instead of mayo I use either Ken's Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing or Marzetti's dill dip. Yummmmmmm.

L

Landuponastar

My family loves this recipe that my MIL used to make when her kids were younger:

1 or 2 box(es) mac & cheese prepared per directions
then add
1 can of peas and
1 or 2 can(s) of tuna

and heat.

Something simple and easy.

L

love2cook

Tuna Melts

Mix tuna with mayo. Toast bread or bun, top with tuna and cheese and broil under the broiler to melt the cheese and warm the tuna.

YUM!

XUfan

Trader Group
Have NOT tried this yet but I hear if you cover it in bar-b-que sauce it tastes just like pulled pork. Put on pizza or sandwich.

OMG!!! I tried this last night and it was GREAT!!! My hubby was making some pulled pork sandwiches with leftover pork roast, and it smelled so good. I can't eat meat, but I wanted one of those sandwiches. Then, I remembered this post, and tried it. I LOVE IT!!! Thank you!!

M

megcellent

OMG!!! I tried this last night and it was GREAT!!! My hubby was making some pulled pork sandwiches with leftover pork roast, and it smelled so good. I can't eat meat, but I wanted one of those sandwiches. Then, I remembered this post, and tried it. I LOVE IT!!! Thank you!!

Thanks for posting. Did it taste fishy at all???

S

saladbar

I don't have an exact recipe, but my Mom makes a great tuna dish. It consists of:

White Albacore Tuna
Red Onion
Mayo
Capers

Mix together and chill for a bit. YUMMY!

C

Colinsgrandma

Everyone says this sounds gross but really it tastes great. I make tuna gravy I just pour in a can of chicken broth a can of tuna bring it up to a boil and add a cup of milk thicken it with cornstarch mixed with milk. When it's the right thickness I season with salt and pepper also some Mrs. Dash and toss in whatever grated cheese I have. I serve it over instant mashed potatoes Dinner in less than 10 minutes.

XUfan

Trader Group
Everyone says this sounds gross but really it tastes great. I make tuna gravy I just pour in a can of chicken broth a can of tuna bring it up to a boil and add a cup of milk thicken it with cornstarch mixed with milk. When it's the right thickness I season with salt and pepper also some Mrs. Dash and toss in whatever grated cheese I have. I serve it over instant mashed potatoes Dinner in less than 10 minutes.

It sounds yummy to me!! I make something similar. I make a white sauce, using margarine, flour, milk, salt and garlic powder. When it's thick and creamy, I add some sauteed onions, thawed frozen peas, and a pouch or two of tuna (depending on how much white sauce I have), and a handful of shredded cheese. I serve it over mashed potatoes. I usually eat the leftovers like soup!! It thins out when it's warmed in the microwave, so I just grab a soup spoon, and enjoy!!

XUfan

Trader Group
I thought that it was time to bump this up again! Now that all of the Kroger shoppers have a pantry full of tuna...let's share some more ideas!

B

born2boop

Waaaaa.. I left all my tuna in Wisconsin with my kids. The 2 packages I got from Publix I just used in a sandwich.