Pineapple Upside-Down Biscuits

E

ElaineHN

I thought i had posted this recipe a while back in a thread about using up our stockpiled or 'free' after coupon items or something like that ... but I can't find it so I'm posting again :whistle67: (maybe) (Mods, If there's another thread for it already, feel free to delete this one.)

Anyway ... I've made my own version a few times ... left out the butter, used a little less brown sugar, just enough to sweeten the pineapple a little ... and I cut the biscuits into pieces and put them in the muffin tins 'monkey bread' style. My family really liked them. But I didn't realize just how much untill this week .... I asked my daughter what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday and she said ... "I want you to make Pineapple Biscuits! " :biggrin:

I think I'll make up a batch and put in the frige the night before so I can just get them out and bake them fresh on the morning of her b-day ... and surprise her with them for breakfast. And then maybe she'll want an actual birthday CAKE that evening! *lol* I just can't imagine a kid not having cake/cupcakes/big-cookie or something similar for their b-day. :hb7:

Here is the Food Network recipe in case anyone is interested ....

Pineapple Upside-Down Biscuits

1 (10-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
10 maraschino cherries
1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Grease 10 cups of a muffin tin.
Strain the can of crushed pineapple, save juice for later. Combine the pineapple, sugar, and butter, and mix well.
Divide the pineapple mixture among the muffin cups.
Place a cherry in the center of each muffin cup, making sure cherry hits bottom of cup.
Place 1 biscuit in each cup on top of sugar and pineapple mixture.
Spoon 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Cool for 2 minutes.
Invert the pan onto a plate to release the biscuits.
Serve warm.

M

MommySusan1

I made this for my FL, who loves Pineapple Upside down cake. He ate almost half of them in one sitting! Everyone else really liked them. A good, quick, simple recipe!

V

vloglady

After baking, can this be wrapped and frozen? there's just 2 of us.

thanks.

Susan

E

ElaineHN

After baking, can this be wrapped and frozen? there's just 2 of us.

thanks.

Susan

I don't know :shrug7:... I've never tried freezing them, sorry.

If you don't mind having some extra pineapple in the frige, you could use a small can of biscuits and just make 5 at a time ... two for you and three for hubby maybe? :wink7:

C

corrinesmama

OOOOh this sounds yummy!! And I love pinapple upside down cake! Thanks for the recipe, will make soon!!!

E

ElaineHN

Just bumping this since there are several good Pillsbury deals going on at various stores ...

Last edited by a moderator: