Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Kritters (See Post #10)

B

BzyBee

Have a ton of M&M's from that Target clearance...???

Dump the whole bag into a batch of rice crispy treats, just before you pour it in the pan. If you add them too early, they will warm up and melt a bit.
These are sooooo good. I just made a pan with the MOM chocolate rice crispies...They look good...can't have too much chocolate right>..LOL

I will let you know how they taste when we get into them tomorrow.

A

anyothername

Re: Simple but so yummmmmy

So, how did they turn out?

B

BzyBee

They were good, everyone liked them and while I did as well, I prefer the regular rice crispies....with the M&M's of course. ;)

I am going to try it with some other cereals...DH is out of poptarts for breakfast. :)

M

MrsPinecone

You forgot the step in the recipe where you use your free glucose monitor from CVS to check your blood sugar! LOL

A

anyothername

BzyBee said:
They were good, everyone liked them and while I did as well, I prefer the regular rice crispies....with the M&M's of course. ;)

I am going to try it with some other cereals...DH is out of poptarts for breakfast. :)

Lucky charms type cereals make great rice krispie type treats...without the m&ms though.... :)

C

couponbunny

anyothername said:
Lucky charms type cereals make great rice krispie type treats...without the m&ms though.... :)

So do fruity pebbles

D

DebNTX

Do any of y'all make rice krispy treats with peanut butter added to the marshmallow mix?

Those would be fabulous w/ M&M's!

deb

B

BzyBee

DebNTX said:
Do any of y'all make rice krispy treats with peanut butter added to the marshmallow mix?

Those would be fabulous w/ M&M's!

deb
We must be kindred spirits as you also seem to understand that while adding more chocolate might be overkill, adding peanut butter to whatever chocolate combo you have going is almost always a good idea. :)

Yes, I have thought of it...haven't tried it though.

I have added peanut butter to a smore..........oh.........it is so good....but I am a smore purist and usually eat them without the peanut butter.

ETA...we also seem to share a name...
:)

D

DebNTX

:D

Here's our favorite:

Peanut Butter Krispy Kritters

1 stick butter*
3/4c. peanut butter, more or less...I say MORE!
1 bag mini marshmallows
15-ish oz. Rice Krispies cereal (more=less goo/ less= more goo!:) )

Melt butter over low heat. Add peanut butter stirring until melted. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until melted. Pour over Rice Krispies and stir well. Press lightly into a buttered 9x13 pan.

*Butter or margarine

M&M's are a must in my next batch!!! Thanks for the idea, BzyBee!

Are you deb...with an h?
My mother used to tell me she and my dad prayed that the names they gave us would suit us...they do! I'm a busybee too!

deb

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BzyBee

DebNTX said:

Here's our favorite:

1 stick butter*
1 bag mini marshmallows

Melt butter over low heat. Add peanut butter stirring until melted. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until melted. Pour over Rice Krispies and stir well. Press lightly into a buttered 9x13 pan.

Are you deb...with an h?
My mother used to tell me she and my dad prayed that the names they gave us would suit us...they do! I'm a busybee too!

deb
Debora...'o' but no 'h'...my dad filled in the birth certificate while mom was sleeping...spelled it wrong!!!

And I will be adding peanut butter...:)

D

DebNTX

Oh! That is too funny!
My dad filled out my birth cert. They had decided on a middle name. He changed it! lol

The * next to the butter was meant to indicate butter or margarine may be used, but buttah is bettah :D

deb

B

BzyBee

DebNTX said:
Oh! That is too funny!
My dad filled out my birth cert. They had decided on a middle name. He changed it! lol

The * next to the butter was meant to indicate butter or margarine may be used, but buttah is bettah :D

deb

Yeah....my folks couldn't agree on a name. My mom wanted to name me Gretchen Sue...that is why dad was rushed to fill out the paper work and left off my 'h'. I guess my mom was pretty mad when she woke up...:Angry:
I used to be annoyed that my name was spelled wrong...but when I found out what the alternative was...I was sure to thank my dad for getting to the paperwork first. :)

(No offense meant towards any one with the name Gretchen. It is a lovely name...but not for me....) ;)

Apennysaved

Trader Group

DebNTX said:

Here's our favorite:

1 stick butter*
1 bag mini marshmallows

*Butter or margarine

Are you deb...with an h?

deb

Put melted chocolate chips on top and call them reese's krispies!

M

My2Miracles

Oh my goodness - I'm wanting some now.....YUM!! (but I have so much zucchini bread to make, it's not even funny - hey...does PB and zucchini go together? LOL)