Peach and Blueberry cobbler

sbp

Mod Of The Month Aug. 2007
Trader Group
Here's the recipe that I used for my peach & blueberry cobbler this morning. YUMMY!!!! I burnt my mouth because I couldn't wait to taste it! lol

1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
4 to 5 cups fruit
*1 cup sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350.
Melt butter in 9 x 13 pan.
Mix together flour, milk, sugar and baking powder; pour over melted butter.
Put fruit (your choice) approx 4 - 5 cups over mixture.
Sprinkle 1 cup sugar on top.
Bake until golden brown (30-35 minutes, depending on oven)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Collyflwr

Re: shared: peach cobbler recipe

Sounds yummy and so easy. Think I will give that recipe a go with some plums. I picked over 100 pounds off of one tree yesterday. Sorry about the burn, done that myself before, you just gotta know if it tastes as good as it made the kitchen smell!

Z

zydeco

sbp, there needs to be a warning added to this recipe........
DO NOT MAKE THIS UNLESS THERE IS ICE CREAM IN YOUR FREEZER!

I made this last night and it was excellent! I did cut the sugar in half and added a dash of salt. (It cooled while an ice cream run was made.)

Thanks for sharing!

sbp

Mod Of The Month Aug. 2007
Trader Group

If only I had vanilla ice cream in the freezer and not coffee when I made it. I am going to make it again this week so that I can use up the rest of the peaches and I'm going to have to use frozen blueberries this time.

Good to know that it's ok with cutting the sugar. I didn't dare give any to my kids with 2 cups of sugar in it, they'd still be bouncing off the walls, days later. kinda like this: :monkey: So yes, if you're wondering I did eat the entire thing myself since dh isn't into dessert-y things. *insert a piggy smilie here*