P.F. Chang's customers also had data stolen

Discussion in 'Hot Entrepreneurs: Build Wealth & Share Links' started by 3timesoccermom, Jun 13, 2014.

1. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original "Viral" Foodie

There may be a better place for this article - I just wanted to get it here ASAP.

If you have used credit card info at P.F. Chang's please note:

[​IMG]

To our valued guests,
    On Tuesday, June 10, P.F. Chang's learned of a security compromise that involves credit and debit card data reportedly stolen from some of our restaurants. Immediately, we initiated an investigation with the United States Secret Service and a team of third-party forensics experts to understand the nature and scope of the incident, and while the investigation is still ongoing, we have concluded that data has been compromised.
    At P.F. Chang's, the safety and security of our guests' payment information is a top priority. Therefore, we have moved to a manual credit card imprinting system for all P.F. Chang's China Bistro branded restaurants located in the continental United States. This ensures our guests can still use their credit and debit cards safely in our restaurants as our investigation continues.
    We have also established a dedicated public website, pfchangs.com/security, for guests to receive updates and answers to their questions.
    Because we are still in the preliminary stages of our investigation, we encourage our guests to be vigilant about checking their credit card and bank statements. Any suspected fraudulent activity should be immediately reported to their card company.
    We sincerely regret the inconvenience and concern this may cause for our guests.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. clippyclippy

clippyclippy (> ” ” <) Heeeeeeere ( =’o'= ) kitty Trader Group

Re: ~ P.F. Chang's customers also had data stolen

I haven't done business at P.F. Changs, but the fact that they're working with the Secret Service caught my eye. Am I the only one that thought the Secret Service was solely for the protection of the president, those close to him and visiting officials?

I found their dual mission on their website.
    "The mission of the United States Secret Service is to safeguard the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems to preserve the integrity of the economy, and to protect national leaders, visiting heads of state and government, designated sites and National Special Security Events."

Sorry [MENTION=207859]3timesoccermom[/MENTION], off topic...

3. JulieDB

JulieDB New Member

Re: ~ P.F. Chang's customers also had data stolen

This is getting beyond ridiculous. When will it end? :(