Operation Use It!: Lipton onion soup mix

C

coupondink

I have a plethora of free Lipton onion soup packet mix (all the different flavors - garlic, onion, veggie, etc). I need some recipes using ingredients that I may already have or that would be very very cheap to acquire. I have chicken, pork, shrimp, and frozen and canned veggies, and an otherwise stocked pantry (flour, sugar, etc).

I made frozen broccoli with it and that was awesome. I mixed it in breadcrumbs and coated pork chops and that was so good my DH woke me up in the middle of the night to request it again the very next night.

Crockpot recipes especially welcome. :)

Thanks!

A

aimeebee

Well, it's not really a recipe...but if you add the soup packet to a container of sour cream it makes an awesome dip for chips or veggies.

C

cookin4less

There's lots of stuff you can do with it...esp the onion one. I mix it in meatloaf, hamburgers,any type of coatings/breadings like you did, etc. Make dip like pp said. Cut up potatoes in chunks, coat with olive oil, and sprinkle the soup mix on them and then bake them...yummy. You could do the same thing with any of or a combination of root veggies too. You could also add it to a roast and it's easy to do in the crockpot.

I mentioned hamburgers but if you haven't tried stuffed burgers you really should. Mix in a packet of onion soup mix and some free worcestershire sauce to about 1 1/2 lb of ground meat. When you make the patties place some sliced cheddar or pepper jack cheese in the center and make sure the cheese is completely covered and the edges of the burger is sealed well around it and then grill. They make really good burgers. My ds made some stuffed pizza burgers a few times that are delicious. They are stuffed with pizza toppings and then has some more toppings and extra cheese on top of them too.

Btw, where did you get it free? I could use some and would rather have it free. :)

S

southernmamma

Here is an easy chicken and rice dish

bonless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz sour cream
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Rice

Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream and onion soup mix together and pour over chicken. Bake covered 45 min or until done in a 350 degree oven. I uncover the chicken the last 10 minutes so it will brown. Pour chicken mixture over hot rice

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
I do a crock pot roast beef. Put in your meat in the crockpot, add in your carrots, and other hard root veggies and sprinkle with the Lipton soup mix. Cook on low for 4 hours or so and then add in potatoes and cook another 3 hours or so. Could not be easier and has a nice flavor.

Also the dip is great and easy too of course. Just add sour cream.

If you have the lipton veggie dip check the box for the recipie for spinach dip, it is most delicious with crusty bread or sourdough bread to dip it in. For a party hollow out a bread round into a bowl and put your dip in the bread bowl and serve with chunks of bread. Then fight over who gets to eat the bread bowl. LOL

I

isis

One of DH's favorite recipes I make with the lipton stuff is chicken pot pie. I'm lazy, so I googled the recipe. It calls for the golden onion, (which is good), but dh likes the flavor of the herb & garlic.

Lipton Recipe Secrets
I don't use the frozen mixed veggies, instead I sautee up onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Then add a small can of peas.

Another favorite is a recipe my sister got from one of her friends in high school --
4 -6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup mixed with 1 can milk
1 envelope onion soup mix

Sprinkle chicken with creole seasonings (Old Bay, Zatarains, Tony Cacheries) You can go as heavy or light as you want. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle onion soup mix then top with cream of mushroom soup. Bake at 350F for 25-30 mins or until chicken is no longer pink. We love mushrooms, so I usually add a container of fresh mushrooms before adding the soup.