Kroger Family Oh no...?

Gardencook

Trader Group
Not sure why the Kroger forum got so slow around here, however, you might want to keep an eye on the Fred Meyer forum. FM is a Kroger affiliate store and has most -- but not all -- of the deals Kroger has.

The FM moderator @iwik does an excellent job of keeping on top of things. She also shops QFC which overlaps FM in her region so she also points out some differences. I'm not positive, but I think QFC is a little closer to a traditional Kroger on its sales just like our Smith's stores do here.

Amber SmithKa

Trader Group
Not sure why the Kroger forum got so slow around here, however, you might want to keep an eye on the Fred Meyer forum. FM is a Kroger affiliate store and has most -- but not all -- of the deals Kroger has.

The FM moderator @iwik does an excellent job of keeping on top of things. She also shops QFC which overlaps FM in that region so she also points out some differences. I'm not positive, but I think QFC is a little closer to a traditional Kroger on its sales just like our Smith's stores do here.

Thank you very much for your advice. I have 2 Dillon's stores in my town and really love the sales they have. I will try to remember to look into FM, thank you.

On a side note, I've never heard of QFC...what is tha Smiths is like a Dillon's isn't it?

Gardencook

Trader Group
Thank you very much for your advice. I have 2 Dillon's stores in my town and really love the sales they have. I will try to remember to look into FM, thank you.

On a side note, I've never heard of QFC...what is tha Smiths is like a Dillon's isn't it?

Basically, Kroger went through and bought out a BUNCH of different grocery chains in the nation, so "Kroger" goes by all sorts of different names. :p

In the Pacific Northwest, Fred Meyer (Portland, Oregon based) first bought both Smith's (Salt Lake City based) and QFC (Seattle based) before Kroger bought Fred Meyer and got three chains in one sale. ;)

We travel a lot and the thing I love most about Kroger is the fact that no matter what Kroger store you may shop, you'll feel at home in another. The layout is very similar in all Kroger stores -- just the name on the front of the building is different.

Kroger is Ralph's in California, Dillons in Kansas, Fry's in Arizona, Baker's in Nebraska, City Market and King Soopers in Colorado and Wyoming, QFC in Western Washington ... Smith's covers Southern Idaho, Utah and New Mexico and Fred Meyer covers Washington, Oregon and Idaho.

I hadn't ever actually shopped at a REAL "Kroger" store until last Autumn in Arkansas. However, the sales at each chain are very similar -- with slight price variations depending on region. We've shopped at Dillons quite a bit when passing through Kansas. :D

The digital manufacturer coupons you load to your card work no matter which chain you shop and the chains that offer cheaper prices to loyalty members will give you the same discount if you have a card from another Kroger chain.

Fuel rewards you earn at another Kroger chain work at the other Kroger stores when you are on the road and you earn fuel points on purchases at other chains -- just like you do at home. It really works well for us.

Kroger seems to have certain stores within its family that closely follow the Kroger template when it comes to sales -- especially those which are mostly a "grocery" store. QFC and Smith's tend to follow Kroger sales more closely. However, Fred Meyer is a bit more of a free spirit. It was one of the original "one-stop shop" stores -- i.e. a department store with a heavy emphasis on groceries. It follows the same mega sales as Kroger stores, but will offer slightly different items on each sale.

Amber SmithKa

Trader Group
Basically, Kroger went through and bought out a BUNCH of different grocery chains in the nation, so "Kroger" goes by all sorts of different names. :p

In the Pacific Northwest, Fred Meyer (Portland, Oregon based) first bought both Smith's (Salt Lake City based) and QFC (Seattle based) before Kroger bought Fred Meyer and got three chains in one sale. ;)

We travel a lot and the thing I love most about Kroger is the fact that no matter what Kroger store you may shop, you'll feel at home in another. The layout is very similar in all Kroger stores -- just the name on the front of the building is different.

Kroger is Ralph's in California, Dillons in Kansas, Fry's in Arizona, Baker's in Nebraska, City Market and King Soopers in Colorado and Wyoming, QFC in Western Washington ... Smith's covers Southern Idaho, Utah and New Mexico and Fred Meyer covers Washington, Oregon and Idaho.

I hadn't ever actually shopped at a REAL "Kroger" store until last Autumn in Arkansas. However, the sales at each chain are very similar -- with slight price variations depending on region. We've shopped at Dillons quite a bit when passing through Kansas. :D

The digital manufacturer coupons you load to your card work no matter which chain you shop and the chains that offer cheaper prices to loyalty members will give you the same discount if you have a card from another Kroger chain.

Fuel rewards you earn at another Kroger chain work at the other Kroger stores when you are on the road and you earn fuel points on purchases at other chains -- just like you do at home. It really works well for us.

Kroger seems to have certain stores within its family that closely follow the Kroger template when it comes to sales -- especially those which are mostly a "grocery" store. QFC and Smith's tend to follow Kroger sales more closely. However, Fred Meyer is a bit more of a free spirit. It was one of the original "one-stop shop" stores -- i.e. a department store with a heavy emphasis on groceries. It follows the same mega sales as Kroger stores, but will offer slightly different items on each sale.

Thank you so much for your insight!!