Recipes - Tried & True Oatmeal Cookies Using Flavored Instant Quaker Oatmeal

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Instant Oatmeal Cookies.jpg

I figured that a lot of us here have a nice stockpile of the instant flavored Quaker oatmeal. Well here is a tried and true recipe I created to make cookies from them.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened (1 Stick)
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Flour
6 Packets Of Flavored Instant Oatmeal (you choose which flavor)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars until mixed and creamy. Add to the bowl the egg and milk and mix until combined. In a small separate bowl mix the baking powder, baking soda and flour and wisk to combine. Add slowly to the butter mixture a little at a time and beat to incorporate. Add in the packets of oatmeal and mix to combine.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet or use a small cookie scoop to make uniformed sized cookie and place on a ungreased cookie sheet (I line my pans with a Silpat) about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Yields about 2 dozen cookies.

Additionally you can make larger cookies by using a large cookie scoop and this will yield 8-10 large cookies.

Notes: I have made these with the Apples & Cinnamon, Raisin, Maple & Brown Sugar and even the Peaches N Cream flavors and they are pretty tasty! Sometimes I add 1/2 cup chopped nuts for a little crunch!

Last edited:
A

aCRaZyCoUpoNgiRl

thanks for the recipe....I am going to try making these tomorrow. ;)

K

KarenStep

Made these today and they were delish! Used Cinnamon Swirl flavored oatmeal and they were excellent! I have tried one other recipe for Oatmal Packet Cookies previously and they were not nearly as good as these!

I did tweak it just a bit - used 8 packets of oatmeal (full box) and just increased the butter by 1 tbsp and added 1 additional tbsp of milk since the mixture got a bit dry with the extra packets. They turned out great!

Thanks so much for the great recipe - can't wait to make more with all those boxes of oatmeal I have!

L

LisaLou

Yum! I have a a bunch of the variety packs with the maple, cin & spice and apple/cin flavors...and I don't care for the apple/cin as oats...I'm definitely going to try this!! Thank you!

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Made these today and they were delish! Used Cinnamon Swirl flavored oatmeal and they were excellent! I have tried one other recipe for Oatmal Packet Cookies previously and they were not nearly as good as these!

I did tweak it just a bit - used 8 packets of oatmeal (full box) and just increased the butter by 1 tbsp and added 1 additional tbsp of milk since the mixture got a bit dry with the extra packets. They
urned out great!

Thanks so much for the great recipe - can't wait to make more with all those boxes of oatmeal I have!

So glad you liked my recipe! And thanks for the feedback and suggestions on how to make them with a full box of 8 packets.:wavehi: