From "What's for Dinner" Viral Thread Noodles Parmesan - Delicious, fast, easy

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
I've been making this for 24 years. It's delicious, super quick, easy AND cheap. You can make this in 15 minutes for about $2.

Noodles Parmesan - Serves 2

1 three oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. margarine or butter
½ tsp. dried basil
salt or garlic salt, pepper, parsley
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
3 oz. thin spaghetti (or other pasta, penne works very well)

Start pasta cooking. Combine the butter, cream cheese, parsley, basil, pinch of salt or garlic salt and dash of pepper. When pasta water is boiling, remove 1/3 cup of the water and pour into cream cheese mixture. Whisk to blend. Drain pasta when cooked and put back into pot. Add half the Parmesan cheese to the sauce, mix well and pour over noodles. Stir to coat well. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Serves 2.

This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, and you can use light or fat free cream cheese. You can also add cooked chicken, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli and many other things - very adaptable. Sauce is thin but thickens quickly. Best with garlic salt.

NOTE: Above is the original recipe. To feed a family of 5, I use about a pound of pasta and 1 eight ounce package of cream cheese with about 1 cup of the boiling water and increase the seasonings. If your cream cheese is too firm, soften in the microwave.

VIRAL THREAD POST HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
thanks for posting! This sounds yummy...and I have a ton of pasta in my storeroom. You might have made my "what's for lunch" decision today!!

3timesoccermom

I do hope yall like it. I always share this recipe because, besides all the other things I've mentioned, it's very tweakable! All 3 of my girls absolutely love it. You have to use some garlic though.

Last edited:

3timesoccermom

Bumping this easy and inexpensive recipe for those with lotsa pasta.

When I make it now I just use cream cheese, Parmesan, plenty of garlic salt and whatever other seasonings sound good. I don't add butter. It's great with fresh Spinach or with (cooked) chicken. You can throw the Spinach into the pasta water the last couple of minutes the noodles are cooking but you could also add it after the noodles are drained.