New Database Coming

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by dkraeer, Jan 23, 2017.

1. dkraeer

dkraeer Mr. Hot Owner Administrator Trader Group

HCW Readers....This is to let you know that a new database is soon to be rolled out. This new one is completely hand written by me and will be extremely FAST and compatible across all browsers and operating systems. The old database was too clunky and many people had trouble getting the page to load. However there will be a few changes....After looking at the usage numbers I have decided to remove the "trading" capabilities from the database. Those that have used the list generator will NOT lose their lists. I have access to these lists and can provide them for you. There will be rolling changes in the next few days that may not allow you to access your lists . If this happen and you need them contact me via conversation and I will get it.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.
    Thanks
    Dave

Lucky1307, Jorainna, NoHio and 2 others like this.
  2. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

Dave - What happened to the CATEGORIES in the database? I do not see it anymore. Will we see it again or is it gone forever (Or am I doing something wrong?) I do that often as you know from my HELP memos). When you are 77 you might do a few things wrong ALSO!!!

But I do my best to help our A.C.S. with coupons and labels.

Best,
    Linda

3. dkraeer

Linda - The categories have not been displayed in a LONG time you could only select. They are a very time consuming process as they can only be updated manually. Sorry but for now they will be disappearing. If anyone wants a peek at the new format(subject to change) here is a link to the New Database. Note this will NOT be the final url so don't bookmark it. Let me know how it works for you as I have a limited number of machines to test on. It should look good in both desktop and mobile. Tablets may need some adjusting.

Thanks
    Dave

jastwins likes this.
  4. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

LOOKS GOOD Dave!!!!!!!!!!
    :)
    Linda

5. mydogalex2000

mydogalex2000 Member Of The Month Oct. 2011 Staff Member Administrator Trader Group Moderator

daisydog215, MamaVader and Jorainna like this.
  6. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

I like it so far. I couldn't use the other one.

7. dkraeer

HWC Readers:
    You can now use the database on HCW: GO Here
    There may be a few small quirks that I need to work out but that should not cause any issues for anyone. let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks
    Dave

8. Jorainna

Jorainna Active Member Trader Group

I have an odd issue - (Of course I do ...) When I type in the search bar, my words are invisible, however, it does do the search. It's is completely normal on the LadySavings site. Looks great!
    Thanks!

9. dkraeer

How do you do these things :) Interesting ... What browser - operating system are you using?

10. Jorainna

I am at work on the Firefox, I switched over to IE and it was the same ... :(

11. dkraeer

Jorainna - Try it now... You may have to clear cache but I found the issue on firefox.

Thanks
    Dave

12. dkraeer

And if you could let me know on IE that would be great...I don't have an easy way to test on IE.

13. Jorainna

Firefox and IE are working beautifully! :D Thanks!

14. tori729

tori729 Active Member Trader Group

So will all of the database lists be done away with, including the Wish Lists? Or just the ability to trade via the lists?

15. Jorainna

16. busyasabeecrg

busyasabeecrg Member Of The Month Nov. 2010 Trader Group

Thanks @Jorainna ... for including me as I do use the database...sometimes that would be "try" to use it, as I have been having a lot trouble mostly with it freezing and I constantly have to start over with all blanks and the latest problem last night, the blank to put the description in to get the ID# was missing. I tried for over an hour but it never appeared.

17. mydogalex2000

mydogalex2000 Member Of The Month Oct. 2011 Staff Member Administrator Trader Group Moderator

All of the trading lists are going away....mine are already gone.

@busyasabeecrg ~ I this this is the reason you can't see the ID# anymore...no more wish/have lists.

If you do need your list(s), David can recover it for you and send it to you in a spreadsheet (excel).

18. MsSweetCheeks

MsSweetCheeks Mod Of The Month March 2012<br>The Grand Theft <br Trader Group

@postalq uses it too.

19. tori729

tori729 Active Member Trader Group

Darn. :( I do like the database lists for specific coupons. I guess I can add them manually to my other WL now. @dkraeer can you send me my WL? Thanks!

20. busyasabeecrg

busyasabeecrg Member Of The Month Nov. 2010 Trader Group

@dkraeer David, please send me my havelist. Many thanks!