need your best spam recipe

N

nannabownanna

I am looking for a couple of good recipes for using some free spam.
Yes, I like spam!

My mom used to make a hot spam spread that had cream cheese, bell peppers and spam, but not sure what else went in it.
I would love to have that recipe and others.

Thanks in advance!:smile:

E

eklee

If you like California roll, you can use strips of Spam with avocado and imitation crab meet with seaweed.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

This doesn't really have a name, other than stir-fry spam in our house.

Cube spam and fry in a skillet. I think you have enough fat/liquid with the spam if you use a non-stick skillet, you could use a little cooking spray or oil if you want. Remove from pan and set aside. Add 1 bag frozen veggies and cook 3-5 minutes, until done. Serve with hot cooked rice, we like a little soy sauce or some asian dressing on top too (Kraft makes a really good sesame one).

Another version, similar recipe:

Add Kraft sesame dressing to hot cooked rice, so that it is sticky. Form into small patties. Fry sliced spam in skillet until lightly browned. Add spam to top of rice patties and serve. We like a little sliced fresh jalapeno between the spam and rice.

J

jenrose

I want free spam! I have not been able to find a good sale on it in forever and Iam out.

The only way DS's will eat mac & cheese is with spam mixed in. I cook the noodles, then mix in chunks of velveta, small cubes of spam and a can of cream of chicken soup, cook on low until all cheese is melted and serve. This is a favorite in my house.

F

froggie3

I read this and thought of the Food Network Challenge I saw about a month ago that was all about Spam. These teams created dishes and competed to win a trophy. One group took the spam, put it on a stick, dipped it in a batter and deep fried like a corn dog. Another group made jumbalya with it. I can't remember the others, but a lot of them looked pretty good.

The only thing my parents did with spam when I was growing up was to throw it in eggs and scramble it together, or put spam and cheese on a hamburger bun, wrap in foil, and bake in the oven for spam and cheese sandwiches.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

I read this and thought of the Food Network Challenge I saw about a month ago that was all about Spam. These teams created dishes and competed to win a trophy. One group took the spam, put it on a stick, dipped it in a batter and deep fried like a corn dog. Another group made jumbalya with it. I can't remember the others, but a lot of them looked pretty good.

The only thing my parents did with spam when I was growing up was to throw it in eggs and scramble it together, or put spam and cheese on a hamburger bun, wrap in foil, and bake in the oven for spam and cheese sandwiches.

Usually recipes seen on food network can be found at www.foodnetwork.com

J

jenniferkentwood

It is no recipe at all....but on a lazy night....I usually will cut slices of spam, pan fry it (both sides a little crusty with very little oil), serve it over a bed of jasmine rice and also with scrambled eggs.

For veggies, if I have on hand, either a salad or maybe some frozen vegetables that I blanched.

Reading about spam makes me want to pan fry some to eat right now...lol

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
Not sure if you'd ever want to try this, but this is what my mom did with Spam when we were growing up.

Slice Spam into several pieces. Place a canned peach half on each slice. Sprinkle with cinnamon and broil.

It was disgusting but I guess she liked it!! :rolleyes24: I haven't eaten Spam in probably 30 years.