Need recipe help with coconut milk

JANE4girls

Member Of The Month July 2008
Trader Group
I am cleaning out my pantry and found 4 cans of coconut milk in there. This is the non-sweetened kind.

WHAT can I make with it with other items from a "normal" stockpile and not have to run to the store for anything?

G

greenrays

PINA COLADA's and invite me over!!!

or

Mango drink
Ingredients :
2 mangos
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
150ml passion fruit juice or any juice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Crushed ice

You could make a Bechamel sauce with the coconut milk and that would be soooo yummy on some fish!! Invite me over for that too :) We'll bring the fish... lol!!

JANE4girls

Trader Group
done the pina colada thing!

but the recipe you posted is for condensed milk, not coconut milk

S

stelena

Well, I don;t have a recipe, maybe you you can look it up but my SIL makes this great yams. She boild them in coconut milk and then puts brown sugar on them. I wish I had a recipe.

G

greenrays

Just switch and use coconut for condensed!!!

I had some recipes the other day that needed coconut milk and I don't have any, I can't find those darn recipes now!!

L

latte

ilike thai iced coffee~~~~

1/4 cup coconut milk + 1tablespoon sugar(or splenda) +1 cup strong black (NON FLAVORED) coffee--mix well, pour over ice

i use coconut milk in some oter stuff too

1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 cup fresh basil (or 1tble dried) = sauce

pour sauce over a mix of chicken, bellpeppers, mango and rice then serve

thats all i know for coconut milk off the top of my head

although.......i bet it would be awesome in no-bake cookies with coconu flakes added(im thinking use 1/2 coconut milk, 1/2 milk) ive never tried this though because i always end up using all of my coconutmilk before i get a chance to try this

N

Nice1704

Here's a link to an Indian recipe for chicken stew using coconut milk. It seems rather complicated and you may not have all the ingredients on hand, but do try it when you get a chance.....it's yummy:smile: Also, some modifications to the recipe to make it more simple: instead of grinding the fresh coconut and extracting the milk (wow, who has time to do that, lol!), use canned coconut milk. And, if you don't have poppy seeds, don't panic......use corn flour or some other thickening agent:giggle2: The chillies and spices can be adjusted according to your taste, no need to follow the exact amounts in the recipe. Also, you can add some quartered potatoes for extra flavor. Hope you like it!

Chicken Stew Recipe Indian Kerala Kannada Karnataka Recipes, tamil, andhra, hyderabad recipe India south indian recipes

Here's another recipe for chicken stew from the same site:

Chicken Stew Recipe Indian Kerala Kannada Karnataka Recipes, tamil, andhra, hyderabad recipe India south indian recipes

This one calls for two ingredients that may not be available at regular stores......curry leaves and garam masala. If you have an Indian store or an International market nearby, you will get them there.

P

pyxiwulf

carrot cake! I use the coconut milk in place of oil and butter

C

Cynthiabutterfly

Chicken satay sauce

1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy is GREAT!)
1 tsp soy (or Worchestershire sauce)
1 tsp honey
1 tbs green onion, sliced
red pepper to taste (optional)

Combine all ingredients. Serve with grilled or fried chicken strips. I like mine with TONS of red pepper. YUM!

JANE4girls

Trader Group

I am a little confused on the amount of coconut milk on this one...what do you think it means, lol? is it one can that is 3.5 oz?

ilike thai iced coffee~~~~

1/4 cup coconut milk + 1tablespoon sugar(or splenda) +1 cup strong black (NON FLAVORED) coffee--mix well, pour over ice

i use coconut milk in some oter stuff too

1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 cup fresh basil (or 1tble dried) = sauce

pour sauce over a mix of chicken, bellpeppers, mango and rice then serve

thats all i know for coconut milk off the top of my head

although.......i bet it would be awesome in no-bake cookies with coconu flakes added(im thinking use 1/2 coconut milk, 1/2 milk) ive never tried this though because i always end up using all of my coconutmilk before i get a chance to try this

Here's a link to an Indian recipe for chicken stew using coconut milk. It seems rather complicated and you may not have all the ingredients on hand, but do try it when you get a chance.....it's yummy:smile: Also, some modifications to the recipe to make it more simple: instead of grinding the fresh coconut and extracting the milk (wow, who has time to do that, lol!), use canned coconut milk. And, if you don't have poppy seeds, don't panic......use corn flour or some other thickening agent:giggle2: The chillies and spices can be adjusted according to your taste, no need to follow the exact amounts in the recipe. Also, you can add some quartered potatoes for extra flavor. Hope you like it!

Here's another recipe for chicken stew from the same site:

This one calls for two ingredients that may not be available at regular stores......curry leaves and garam masala. If you have an Indian store or an International market nearby, you will get them there.

thanks! I have most of the stuff for all of these...will be doing some cooking tonight.

we LOVE Indian food too...yummmmmmmy

M

mooshisho

:) Make curry, cause it's only the best food in the world. :D Well, I don't like my curry with the coconut milk in it, but my family does. I usually get my own special bowl, coconut milk free. :p

If you're into "Asian"/Thai foods, coconut milk is the basis of many desserts.

-- Moo

C

coupondink

I make huge batches of Thai curry and freeze them in one meal portions. Frozen dinners! This requires nonstockpile items though. How about coconut rice pudding? Or coconut cake?