Mint Chocolate Brownies
Recipe & photo via Betty Crocker
Get a double dose of mint! Cool mint chips flavor these brownies, and a mint-chocolate glaze generously highlights the top.
- PREP TIME: 25 Min
- TOTAL TIME: 3 Hr 5 Min
- SERVINGS: 30
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty CrockerÂ® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 oz) mint-flavored chocolate chips
- 1 cup Betty CrockerÂ® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16 oz container)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 drop green food color, if desired
Shiny Chocolate Glaze
- Reserved mint-flavored chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot water
- Heat oven to 350Â°F (325Â°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan. Make brownie batter as directed on box-- except stir in pecans and 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips (reserve remaining chocolate chips for glaze). Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 36 to 41 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In small bowl, stir all frosting ingredients using spoon until well blended. Spread frosting over brownies.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat Glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Stir in hot water, a few drops at a time, until mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over frosted brownies. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until glaze is firm. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 5 rows.
Last edited by a moderator: