Michaels Michaels Rewards cards

P

pkuu

I signed up for the new Michaels Rewards card, and now I'm hesistant to use it. Apparently the "reward" for signing up is a 20% discount on regularly priced merchandise, and the discount is automatically loaded on to your card.

But heck, there's a 40% off coupon in my newspaper nearly every week. And Michael's was handing out coupons for 20% off ALL merchandise on Sunday 1/9.

I can't see where Michael's gives you a rebate for purchasing XX amount of merchandise, the way the CVS and Walgreens rewards programs do.

So-- can anyone tell me why I would use the Michaels rewards card? I don't get it...

C

cmricha2

Cool. I didn't even know they were do these. I guess its helpful if you have ran out of your 40% qs from the week.

C

cmricha2

Details on this program:

Website

Currently only available at 72 stores in the US. List of stores here. Looks like its limited to AZ, CA, CT, IL, KS, MA, MO & NE.

As a MichaelsRewardsTM member you get great surprises like:
red_card.jpg
gold_card.jpg

• Exclusive member-only specials and savings.
  • The scoop on what’s new.
  • Invitations to special events.
  • Free membership.
  • Birthday surprises.
  • A special welcome offer.
  • And much more!
It's all on your card!

When you reach Gold Status, you’ll get special surprises customized just for you!

All your MichaelsRewards™ surprises will be loaded on your card. There’s no need to bring in your coupons.

**Only MichaelsRewardsâ„¢ offers can be loaded on cards. Other Michaels and Michaels.com coupons, offers and discounts do not apply.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FAQs - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Becoming a Member

Who is eligible to join? Michaels has selected 72 stores to participate in the MichaelsRewardsTM program. All Michaels customers are welcome to join the new program. Customers may pick up a registration kit at any of the participating 72 U.S. stores. Click here for a list of participating stores.

How do I become a member? Membership in MichaelsRewardsTM is available to all Michaels customers. To become a member, fill out an enrollment form at one of the participating 72 U.S. stores. Click here for a list of participating stores.

Can I sign up at my local Michaels store?
At this time, customers can only sign up and use their member cards in one of the participating 72 U.S. stores.

Membership

How much does membership cost? Membership is FREE.

How do I get my benefits?
As a participant in MichaelsRewardsTM, all you need to do is use your card at time of purchase. Your card will enable you to gain the benefits of the program. All your MichaelsRewardsTM surprises will be loaded on your card. There's no need to bring your coupons.

**Only MichaelsRewardsTM offers can be loaded on cards. Other Michaels and Michaels.com coupons, offers, and discounts do not apply.

What benefits are included in my membership?
As a MichaelsRewardsTM member, you will receive ongoing benefits and offers along with:

• A welcome coupon for 20% off your entire regular price purchase
  • "Member Specials" exclusive pricing offers for new products and inspiration
  • A special birthday offer for 20% off your entire regular price purchase
  • An offer for up to an additional 10% off Custom Framing
  • Exclusive Customer Relations line: 1-866-882-7238
  • An exclusive membership card
  • FREE membership
Plus, when you spend $350 within a 12-month period youll have the opportunity to reach MichaelsRewards Gold Status and enjoy these benefits:

• An invitation to join the Craft Council for quarterly online chats with Jo Pearson, Michaels craft guru, and her design team.
  • A chance to use your design savvy and submit your creations to Michaels. Your original designs could be featured in our monthly in-store Make-It Take-It Events and project sheets.
  • A special Gold Status MichaelsRewardsTM card.
How do I update my account? To update your account information, go to www.michaels.com/loyalty. Log in to your membership account and select the "update account" button.

Where can I find my membership ID? Your membership ID is the number located on the back of your membership .

How do I contact Customer Relations? If you have a question for Customer Relations, please email [email protected] or call 1-866-882-7238.

Membership Card and Benefits

How do I use my membership card? Present your membership card at time of checkout.

Do I have to have my membership card with me to get my membership benefits? No, if you forget to bring your card simply provide your phone number to the Store Associate.

Where can I use my membership card? At this time, customers can only sign up and use their member cards in one of the participating 72 U.S. stores.

Can I use my membership card at Aaron Brothers stores or at Michaels stores in Canada? Aaron Brothers stores and Canadian Michaels stores are not participating in this program.

What do I do if my card is lost or stolen? If your card is lost or stolen, please contact Customer Relations at [email protected] or 1-866-882-7238 to request a replacement card.

How do I update my mailing address? To update your account information, go to www.michaels.com/loyalty. Log in to your membership account and select the "update account" button.

What do I do if a Michaels store associate is unable to answer my MichaelsRewardsTM questions? Please contact Customer Relations at [email protected] or 1-866-882-7238. Our Customer Relations team will be happy to answer all of your questions.

Privacy

What personal information is required for membership? Michaels requires the following information for membership: name, address, zip code, phone number, birthday (month/day) and an email address.

What do you do with my personal information? Your personal information is used to verify your membership and send you MichaelsRewardsTM benefits and program updates.

Is my personal information shared with a third party?

No, Michaels is committed to keeping your personal information private. Your information will never be shared or sold to a third party. Please click here to see the Michaels Privacy Policy for further details.

Canceling Membership

How do I cancel my membership? If you wish to cancel your membership and stop receiving your benefits, please contact Customer Relations at [email protected] or 1-866-882-7238.

Still have questions? If you still need assistance, please contact Michaels Customer Relations by email at [email protected] or phone at 1-866-882-7238.

sbp

Mod Of The Month Aug. 2007
Trader Group
ooh, I shop at both of the Massachusetts stores listed occassionally, although my preferred store is closer in NH.

I get the flyer in the paper most weeks and emails fairly regularly that have coupons to print out, but I never get the % off your entire purchase ones and when they do hand them out in my store it's for limited hours when it's virtually impossible for me to get there.

A

amys

I had been told that I could use a 40% off one item AND the 20% off reward coupons on the same transaction - but it didn't work that way. I got the 40% off and when it didn't do the 20% off, I handed them my teacher card and got that discount instead.

I'm waiting to see how it works for me. I've talked to some who were in the test markets and they really seemed to like it.

C

cmricha2

Appears they have expanded the program. I went today to the store and was given a card. Free sign up and the cashier said once I spend $100, $5 reward would automatically load onto my card.

Here's what it says on the back of the paper its stuck too:

$5 reward for every $100 you spend (certain conditions and exclusions apply)
$5 discount every time you take a class
20% off your entire purchase as a welcome gift (certain conditions and exclusions apply)
20% off your entire purchase as a birthday gift (submit birthdate online)

AND if you spend $250 you become a gold member and get more rewards - No clue what those entail though

J

Jbrooks1202

I never knew they had a rewards program, will definitely have to get signed up for this.