Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
I hope I'm posting this recipe in the right forum. I'm putting it with the meat and beef since it has ground beef in it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 -1 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced fine
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown together the ground beef, onion and jalapeno pepper; drain well.
- In a bowl mix together the cornbread ingredients.
- Lightly spray a 13 x9 in baking dish with Pam.
- Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mixture into prepared dish.
- Top with the meat mixture then sprinkle on the cheese to cover.
- Pour the remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 mins or until the top is lightly browned.