Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine beans and salsa. Cover
- and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until spreadable.
- Place three tortillas in a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Layer
- with half of the beef, bean mixture, corn and cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350Â° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes,
- olives and sour cream if desired.