Meatball Mushroom Extraordinare

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
Meatball Mushroom Extraordinaire

We made this up and loved it. You can use hamburger, or ground turkey or ground chicken. Your choice. It was excellent though!

2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup cooking sherry
¼ cup milk
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup yellow, red and orange peppers chopped
1 small box chopped spinach
1 lb hamburger
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
½ onion, chopped

Make the meatballs first. Combine the hamburger, spinach, breadcrumbs, eggs and parmesan cheese together. Form into 2 inch balls. Pre cook the meatballs in a l/4 cup olive oil. Once all meatballs are precooked, in the meatball drippings, fry the onions and peppers together for about 5 minutes. In a large covered baking dish, mix together the mushroom soup, the sherry and the milk. Put the mushrooms, meatballs, onions and peppers into the soup. Put in the oven at 350 for 60 minutes….Excellent served with mashed cauliflower, carrots, sourcream and horseradish.

C

chitownmelli

Ohh my goodness, this sounds amazing! And I like the fact that the mushrooms are not going to be the hide and seek winner in this dish, so I can enjoy it too, and pick them out! Mushroom soup is great though! Have you ever done this in a way where you would actually put chopped mushrooms into the meat mixture itself? I wonder how that might come out.

Another great recipe to share with dad, thanks for sharing!

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
oh yea...you definitely could. I will never make the recipe the same way twice! There is no reason why you couldn't chop mushrooms into the meat. Being Italian, my papa always made meatballs the way in the recipe, so that is my standard way of making Meatballs. But they would be fantastic w/mushrooms, and just enhance the flavor!

C

chitownmelli

I love meatballs done the way you wrote in your recipe too, and all that free fat that they give out is just perfect for frying up the onions like you also suggested. I hope that the chopped mushrooms would give the meatballs even more flavor - just thinking again about how much my dad loves them lol! I'm going to try this exactly the way your recipe says though, I can't wait!

F

froggie3

This sounds absolutely delicious....wish we had some spinach, and bell peppers, oh and parmesan cheese....cuz we would be eating this tonight....gotta work on my grocery list now!!