1 T Sodium Free Baking Powder
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Dry Mustard
1 T Cayenne
1 1/2 t Black Pepper
------
1 Chicken,Cut Into Pieces

In a 1 gallon zipper bag combine marinade ingredients. Add chicken pieces. Seal bag, turn in coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate at least overnight and up to 2 days, turning occasionally. Whisk together coating ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish. Add chicken pieces to dish, allowing as much marinade to stay on the chicken as you can. Turn to coat evenly and thickly. Let stand in coating mix 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Chicken will continue to absorb flour. The idea is to get a thick coating completely covering the chicken to seal in the juices when it's fried. Heat oil to a depth of at least 1 1/2 inches in a deep fryer or heavy frying pan. Heat to 350 degrees. Add 4 pieces of chicken. Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Fry for 5 minutes. Turn carefully to avoid breaking coating. Fry until done through, about 15 minutes depending on size of pieces. Reheat oil to 350 and fry the remaining 4 pieces the same way. Serve hot or cold.

Yield: 8 Servings

Now, I don't fry mine when I prepare it. I bake it on 350. I do 30 mins on each side.

I've also used this with fish too but I do 15 minutes on each side when I do fish.

This is so yummy!!! The trick is to let it marinade for 3 days and let it sit in the batter like it says. I rotate the meat every 30 minutes for the full amount of time that it says.

And if you don't have buttermilk you can take the 2 cups of milk and add 2 TBSP of lemon juice to it. Let sit for 5 minutes.

MsSweetCheeks

Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
Trader Group
Oh, this is awesome!!! Now, I do warn you, it does have a kick from the cayenne pepper, so if you can't handle spicy foods, then you might want to cut back on it or eliminate it.

Also, if you have to have salt, you can add a little to it. I just cook low sodium because of my health problems and these are recipes designed for people on low sodium diets, but you can always tweak it.