Low Sodium Beef Fajitas in the Crockpot

MsSweetCheeks

Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
Trader Group
I sauttee onions, bell peppers and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the stove. Then I put some steak meat in the crock pot along with the vegetable mixture that I sauteed and some cilantro. Then I add a little bit of water so the meat won't dry out.

Then I add the following ingredients:
1/4 c Red Wine Vinegar
2 T Worcestershire
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Lime Juice
1/2 t Black Pepper
1 T Cilantro
1 T Cumin
1 t Garlic Powder
1 t Oregano

I let cook overnight in the crockpot.

I make my own tortillas for them too. Here is the recipe for that:
2 c Flour
1 t Sodium Free Baking Powder
1 T Shortening
1/2 c Warm Water

In mixing bowl stir together flour and baking powder. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add 1/2 cup warm water and mix till dough can be gathered into a ball adding more water if needed 1 tablespoon at a time. Let dough ret 15 minutes. Divide dough into 12 portions shape into balls. On a lightly floured surface roll each ball to a 7 inch round. Trim uneven edges to make a round tortillas. Cook in ungreased skillet griddle over medium heat (375 in an electric skillet) about 1 1/2 minutes per side or till lightly browned.

I also make my own salsa, here is the recipe for that:
Ingredients
1/3 Cup fresh cilantro
4 Large cloves of garlic
5 Medium tomatoes
1 Medium onion
1-2 Jalapeno peppers
1 Can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice

How to make it
Mince the garlic, jalapeno and cilantro finely. Chop onions and tomatoes to desired size. Add all ingredients in a large bowl, then mix in the tomato sauce and lemon juice. You will need to taste the finished product to determine if you have enough jalapeno for your desired heat level. If you are brave you can always taste test the jalapeno beforehand to judge how much needs to go in. Remember you can always add more but you can't take it out once you have added it.

I put it all in the food processor though. So much easier.

I also use the no salt added tomato sauce.