Looking to make croutons

E

EllieKat

I have this Sara Lee Bread and I was thinking of making croutons with one of the loaves. Can ya'll tell me how to make some and how should I store them :question8:....how long will they keep.

J

Jade280

I usually just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper... maybe a dash of cayanne if I'm feeling spicy. Spread on a sheet pan and bake at 350 until they are golden... maybe 10-15 minutes. I have not tried storing them, but I would bet in a ziplock bag would be fine. HTH

L

lmcconne

I drizzle and toss some melted margarine (butter burn point is too low for my comfort) with bread cubes and spinkle generously with garlic powder and dried parsley. Bake on a cookie sheet at 300 degrees. Stir it a couple of times and they should be brown in 20-30 minutes.

D

daltregirl

I melt butter in the microwave - lots of it too - toss the bread cubes in the butter, throw on what ever spices hit me at the time, a sprinkle of parm cheese and cook till brown. Store in ziplock bags or any air tight container. I got this recipe from the restaurant I worked in!

Just for the heck of it a few years ago - I tossed the butter coated bread cubes with cinnamon and sugar and baked them off - yummmmmm

C

Cynthiabutterfly

I just use some italian dressing for mine, cube the bread and bake it at the lowest setting on my oven- "warm" I think is between 250-280. You want the bread to dry but not brown too much.

I put mine in a container because I don't want them to get crushed and crumbly.