Little Smokies? Do you have a good, quick, EASY recipe??

B

berlinsmommy

I have to have an appetizer for a holiday party tomorrow but I have to work all day, so I thought that making little smokies in the Crock Pot would be very easy. I have lots of staples in the house and can put it together tonite and depending on how long it cooks, I can put it on a timer tomorrow or cook all day. Do you have a yummy recipe? If so, PLEASE share. I have lots of BBQ sauce in several flavors, I have grape jelly, I have most typical household spices, etc. I'd rather not go to the store if I can avoid it. TIA!!!

M

MsM

Or if you have any Pillsbury crescent rolls just cut small pieces to wrap around each smoky and bake til golden brown. These will keep if you do them a day ahead.

B

berlinsmommy

queenofthehivemomof5 said:
just dump some bbq sauce over them and simmer in crockpot. provide toothpicks for serving if desired...

Sorry to sound like such a moron, but is that how they are normally made? If so, how long do I leave them in the crock pot? I'd hate to have them get so soft that they fall apart.

S

saladbar

I put up a recipe take-one (SmartSource) last cycle. Let me check my supplies to see if I have one to post. brb

P

pedspeech

I would follow the recipe in the last post and just dump the bbq sauce over it and heat it in the pan or microwave. Then just pour it in the crockpot to take it to the party so they don't get cold. If you don't think you would have time to do that after work you can just simmer them for a few hours on low and it won't hurt. I don't know who gets 50 servings out of one 16 oz package of Little Smokies, so when I say follow that recipe I mean proportion-wise...

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
sorry I didnt post a real recipie. Thats just how I have made them. I cook on low for like 2 hours in the crockpot.

The kids also like little smokies with kikkoman teriyaki glaze and canned chunk pineapple cooked in crockpot same way.

S

saladbar

I've received a couple of PM's questioning the serving size. I'm just posting from the recipe that was listed.

P

pedspeech

saladbar said:
I've received a couple of PM's questioning the serving size. I'm just posting from the recipe that was listed.

I wasn't doubting your post, just commenting that those people evidently don't eat like we do!

S

saladbar

pedspeech said:
I wasn't doubting your post, just commenting that those people evidently don't eat like we do!

Thanks Rebecca. A few other PM's questioned me. I too, think these were abnormal serving sizes. lol It's like chips...you can't just eat one. lol

L

ladywaterwind

I'm with Queen and just throw them in crock pot and add bbq sauce. Easy, simple, and I don't really have to cook it.

Sherri1480

Trader Group
Smokies wrapped in bacon-cut bacon slices into thirds, wrap one piece around smokie, when you get all wrapped sprinkle about a 1/2 cup of brown sugar over and cook for 30 to 45 mins at 350-these are really delicious! I bake them in a pan I have lined with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. When you get them out of the oven, go ahead and put them on a plate that way they don't get too greasy.

mmb1996

Trader Group
I like them with one jar grape jelly and one jar of chili sauce, yummmm. This also works great on meatballs in the crockpot.

G

Gidget

I'll tell you what I make, esp on the holidays, maryccc has probably tasted this on a trip home for Christmas

You can use Lil Smokies or Lil Wieners, I add frozen meatballs, a jar of apricot jelly, and a jar of BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays, if it's available in your area, none better, believe you me), let it simmer and omg, you'd think you died and went to heaven, right Mary?

Oh I use a cooker, my bf's deep fryer is also a cooker, and I simmer it, the worse trouble is about it, is keeping my son's cotton picking hands out of the pan while it's cooking!

E

extechy

The crockpot and barbeque sauce is my favorite.

You can also mix a little grape jelly with lemon or unsweetened orange juice. Simmer with the little smokies in a crockpot.

B

billig

Smokies wrapped in bacon-cut bacon slices into thirds, wrap one piece around smokie, when you get all wrapped sprinkle about a 1/2 cup of brown sugar over and cook for 30 to 45 mins at 350-these are really delicious! I bake them in a pan I have lined with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. When you get them out of the oven, go ahead and put them on a plate that way they don't get too greasy.

This is my favorite recipe for smokies

K

katieyj

A little late, but maybe you can use it another time, works well with meatballs too.

K

katieyj

wrong key ... lets try again..... 1 can jellied cranberry sauce, 1 jar chili sauce. mix both in crockpot real well, add weiners or meatballs, simmer.

B

baxjul

I cook them in beer. Boil the beer down and it will make a slightly thick wonderful sauce!