Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Fillies Fan

International Man of Mystery!
Trader Group
Salmon steak smothered in sauce alfredo for lunch. I went with Marina and her 3-year-old daughter because I wanted to buy a car seat for the daughter. In the past, I used cars belonging to the kibbutz and was not able to put a child's car seat in them. Although we generally go only a few kilometers from Marina's house, I was not comfortable with her 3-year-old not being protected. Now, with my own car, that was no longer a problem.

Her last unprotected drive was to the shop to get the car seat and I wanted to get one which the 3-year-old herself selected (basically because of its color). Then, with her sitting like a princess in her new throne, we went to lunch.

After lunch, when I opened the car door, the daughter jumped in quickly and got into the seat -- apparently afraid that if she waited, Marina would sit there herself. :D

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Salmon steak smothered in sauce alfredo for lunch. I went with Marina and her 3-year-old daughter because I wanted to buy a car seat for the daughter. In the past, I used cars belonging to the kibbutz and was not able to put a child's car seat in them. Although we generally go only a few kilometers from Marina's house, I was not comfortable with her 3-year-old not being protected. Now, with my own car, that was no longer a problem.

Her last unprotected drive was to the shop to get the car seat and I wanted to get one which the 3-year-old herself selected (basically because of its color). Then, with her sitting like a princess in her new throne, we went to lunch.

After lunch, when I opened the car door, the daughter jumped in quickly and got into the seat -- apparently afraid that if she waited, Marina would sit there herself. :D

First of all, your salmon sounds wonderful!! I may steal that idea and try to make it myself the next time my husband grills salmon for me.

And I love the story about the little girl! Little ones are so easily pleased!

Dinner last night was seasoned tilapia with roasted asparagus, mushroom slices, and shallots, over rice. It's one of those "sounds fancy" dinners that is really very simple! 1 hour, including prep!!

I'm going to the grocery store in a little while, to get things for our big basketball party on Sunday. I'll see what looks for dinner tonight while I'm there. I'm leaning toward some sort of pasta!

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
I am picking up D3 from school and she has requested Dairy Queen for dinner. It is a 10 minute drive from her school, so how can I say no? DQ, here we come! D3 was also very excited that they are planning to build a Dairy Queen one town over from our other house. She will make sure we visit frequently when it opens.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night we had pizza at my sister's.

Tonight it was Chicken nuggets, Pad Thai and brown rice.

Blackberry, Blueberry and Banana Fruit Salad for desert

Pro-biotic green juice as a beverage. First time trying it and it was really tasty.

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
D3 wants tunafish and I may have the same since it is a Friday in Lent. Crankie is coming out for the weekend and I may get him a hero.

Tuna fish sounds good! If I didn't have so many leftover veggies to eat for lunch, that's what I'd have. Maybe I'll get a tuna sub if we get sandwiches tonight.

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
Last night was steamed chicken with mixed veggies and plain white rice take-out from our neighborhood Chinese restaurant. Only the chicken has any sodium content. It's one of they very few things I can grab quick from a restaurant that hubby is allowed to eat. I have left overs of it for my supper tonight so either can fix him a veggie plat,e or maybe get a veggie sub from Subway for him to eat tonight.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Today I made Jiffy corn casserole, baked butternut squash, roasted asparagus, fried flounder fillet and crab cakes. D1 and D3 are home from college and it was nice to cook for a crew. Crankie picked up the fresh fish and crab cakes from a local fish market by our old house. It was delicious!