Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Gardencook

Trader Group
Friday night we had fish and roasted veggies.

Last night we had lemon chicken and asparagus rotini pasta.

I'm hoping to FINALLY get the Mulligatawny soup made, but we've been trying for a couple months now and things keep coming up to prevent it. Last week, it was on track until DH had to fly out at the last minute and making a big pot of soup for myself didn't make sense.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Roasted Chicken and Brown Rice Soup -- Campbell's Homestyle -- with whole grain saltine crackers. I wasn't feeling great so it was easy.

DH had hummus on toast with carrots.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We had a rough day shopping yesterday, because CenturyLink/Microsoft haven't allowed me to have my computer to print lists much of this week. We were tired and it was late when we got home, so we just dropped our plans and went with fried egg sandwiches, oven fries, roasted beets and salad.

Tonight, we've got French onion soup in the slow-cooker. We'll top it with some artisan buckwheat French-type bread we picked up on markdown yesterday with Swiss cheese melted on top and then have more salad on the side.

bugweena

Trader Group
Last night was BOGO shrimp, 'fried' okra in the air fryer, and rice/broccoli/cheese side from the freezer.

Tonight will be leftovers. I have some leftover marked down turkey loin I cooked earlier in the week and adding store brand stuffing and some mushroom soup. Carrots and green beans on the side.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Roast beef and gravy, carrots, celery and potato, cauliflower and garlic mash. A salad on the side.

Enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow night, since DH's surgery didn't happen today when he told them he didn't want them working on the other eye when the first one wasn't seeing correctly yet.

The end result was several calls to the pharmacy today to get them to move on new prescriptions, another appointment tomorrow and yet another on Thursday.

Microsoft is now shutting down my computer every 15 to 30 minutes, but their tactics aren't going to get me to the technician any sooner because I just do NOT have time.

M_Lexx

Trader Group
Sesame chicken (chunks of boneless thigh meat deep fried (veg.oil and schmalz mixture) in flour-cornstarch-spices mixture and then tossed in literally two teaspoons of warmed expensive sauce + a drop of a sesame oil and sesame seeds), made a big batch of eight thighs and have enough for a couple of big lunches. I like cooking/prepping in batches and that's how we end up with tons of premade stuff that takes minutes to warm should someone say 'do you feel like pierogis/gyoza/chili/etc.'

Gardencook

Trader Group
Shepherd's pie made from last night's leftovers.

We'll have salad on the side and garlic bread made from the buckwheat French-type bread we got on markdown the other day.