Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Gardencook

Trader Group
We had a big lunch of more fish chowder and a salad yesterday so last night we just went with fruit smoothies and snacks. I had cheese and crackers and DH had a bowl of shredded wheat and an apple.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
On Saturday, I made a zucchini quiche, chicken cutlets, broccoli, corn and creamed spinach.

Last night, I made tacos with a Korean barbecue old el paso mix. It is ok, but I will not buy it again.

Lots of leftovers for tonight and tomorrow.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we had curry-spiced rock fish, coconut curry stir-fry and a whole grain medley of various types of rice and barley.

Gardencook

Trader Group
I've gotten behind here, so let's see what I can remember.

Last night we had salmon, roasted baby fingerling potatoes, asparagus, kale and garbanzo bean medley and salad.

The night before we had frozen meals (47 cents each at Safeway!). I had a Marie Callender's Chicken, mashed potatoes and corn meal. DH had a Healthy Choice Unstuffed Burrito Bowl.

Wednesday, we had the last of our Fish Chowder.

Tuesday we had a late lunch at a great little Vegan Restaurant. (You ALWAYS find the best places on the last day of a trip!) We both had house-made veggie burgers from walnuts and oats on a locally-made brioche bun. DH had a plain one topped with the usual -- tomtoes, lettuce and perhaps onion. I had a teriyaki burger topped with pineapple, tomato and lettuce.

We were so full from that meal we just snacked for dinner.

jastwins

Trader Group
Wednesday, I went shopping and had Mcdonalds.
Thursday, I went to the local pizzeria and was treated by one of the teachers. I had 2 slices ( sausage and broccoli raab and the other was pepperoni) Last night, friend from the bank branch stopped by and we had chicken sandwiches from the same pizzeria.

Today, there is a free BBQ given by the American Legion for all the volunteers on the Island. I plan on stopping by this afternoon.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Used the last two of our 47 cent Healthy Choice frozen meals tonight. DH had an unstuffed burrito bowl again and I had a chicken stir-fry.

jastwins

Trader Group
I used up the last of some onions from our summer bbq and threw one away and salvaged 3 more. I sauteed the onions and used 4 burgers to mash up and make a quick sauce. I used a frozen sauce from a previous meal I made and boiled the Butoni fettucine I got for $1.19 after double coupons.
It was dinner last night and I have 2 servings left one of which I am having today for lunch.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Cooked up a couple different frozen pizzas tonight. One was our favorite roasted beet and goat cheese the other was an eggplant and buffalo mozzarella pinsa. Had coupons on both and it was a 10 percent discount day so we got a good deal and we have enough leftover for another meal -- they aren't huge pizzas.

Along with it we had a sweet kale salad, cauliflower and green bean medley and a Mandarin orange.

Gardencook

Trader Group
I made a Boston Market frozen dinner. Salisbury steak with mac and cheese. Not great, but it saved me time.
Couldn't help but chuckle when I saw someone else actually knew what "Salisbury" steak was @jastwins. I got a recipe email from Pillsbury or Betty Crocker yesterday and it had a recipe for "Salisbury Steak Meatballs." I happened to scroll down to the comments to see if anyone had tried it and most of the comments were people having fits because they thought they were either Swedish meatballs or Italian meatballs and the recipe didn't taste like either. Then someone commented, "Where in the world did they come up with a name like Salisbury?"

I wondered if I'd gotten so old that I was the only one who knew what Salisbury Steak was! :oops: Glad to see somebody else has heard of it. ;)

Gardencook

Trader Group
An Asian fusion soup using a package of shaved beef we got on markdown, low-sodium beef broth, lots of veggies, Thai basil we picked up in Boise and brown rice and millet ramen noodles we picked up on the Oregon Coast.

jastwins

Trader Group
Last night I used my app to order a big mac and 10 chicken nuggets for $6. I picked up inside the restaurant since this location was very busy.