Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night we had black bean burgers on whole wheat buns with cheese, tomato and onion, roasted beets, lightly breaded summer squash and oven fries. Fruit crisp for dessert.

Tonight we tried to go to Panera on the last night of the deal, however, we arrived right after a woman who was walking away from the door. They had a sign up that they had decided to close early. While we were in the process of leaving another car drove up and left and about three or four cars went through the drive-thru only to be disappointed. They lost a LOT of business over that!

Since it was the last Municipal Band Concert we had limited time by then. We dropped into Carl's Jr. for a quick meal using coupons, but their coupons are always frustrating since it is limit one of everything. DH ended up with a burger fries and cola, I ended up with chicken tenders, fries and cola.

Then the cola spout wasn't working, so he had to ask them to fill the drinks in back and get us refills before we left, so we'd have a drink at the concert.

As we were leaving, we heard a gal telling a drive-thru customer the freezer was broken so whatever that customer wanted wasn't available -- which made me wonder where our fries and my chicken tenders had been before they fried them.

Anyway, it seems like everything is falling apart lately. I can't tell if people simply don't care, or if the incompetence is just intensifying.

Last edited:

bugweena

Trader Group
Last night we had the second half of our Chinese takeout from a local mom & pop store. $30 plus tip and we got 4 meals out of it. Not too bad. We don't eat out or get takeout very often. It was a mini splurge. Tonight is a turkey tenderloin that I had in the freezer. Less than $5 on markdown and it has some kind of marinade on it which is pretty good. Adding mashed potatoes (instant because my fresh ones didn't like the heat in my garage) and green beans.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we doctored frozen four cheese pizza with tomatoes, sweet peppers and sweet onions.

We had breaded and baked zucchini on the side and ice cream for dessert.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We went out of town overnight, so got a little behind on posting.

Thursday night we had a less than memorable meal of Chicken and Brown Rice Bowls at Rumbi Island Grill in Logan, Utah where customers were not made to feel welcome.

Friday night we had a delicious meal at Maddox Ranch House in Perry, Utah where they ALWAYS make you feel welcome. We left stuffed (as usual) after a delicious meal of trout, potatoes, local corn on the cob, a huge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and freshly made white rolls and corn pones with raspberry butter or honey.

Tonight we ate at home again. We got Cedarlane Enchilada Pie entrees on a closeout deal so had those with fresh Utah corn on the cob, a "Mexican Caesar" salad kit we picked up on markdown and cornbread on the side. Yogurt for dessert.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Sunday night we had a repeat of Saturday's dinner, but replaced the Mexican Caesar with a spinach salad using greens leftover from the sandwiches we made for our trip.

Last night we had Chicken Tikka Masala over brown rice with roasted green beans and a little more cornbread -- DH's idea, not mine.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Cheese tortellini and roasted polenta slices with roasted zucchini.

The tortellini and polenta both had sauces made with fresh herbs from our garden and we also had garden-fresh Swiss chard with the tortellini -- along with a tomato we didn't grow.

Ice cream sandwiches for dessert

Gardencook

Trader Group
We went shopping out of town today, so used a Buy one, get one half off dinner coupon at a favorite locally-owned diner we enjoy there.

We both had a grilled, marinated chicken breast, corn and a biscuit. DH got fries with his (we were about an hour early for baked potatoes) and I got mashed potatoes.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We doctored frozen cheese pizza tonight. Went with red onion, green pepper and pineapple (all markdowns) and made Pizza Margherita as well using markdown tomatoes and fresh basil from our pots out front.

We had another markdown -- chopped Caesar salad -- on the side.

Yogurt for dessert

Gardencook

Trader Group
Avgolemono (Greek Lemon, Chicken, Rice and Egg Soup)
Spanakopita
Watermelon, Basil and Feta Salad

Ice Cream Sandwiches for dessert

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we're having a great big albacore tuna salad. We've got all sorts of produce markdowns including greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, carrots and celery as well as green onions from our garden. We got cartons of albacore tuna salad on markdown for 99 cents today, so we're having a great big fresh veggie salad with a dollop of tuna salad and some sliced almonds on top.

We'll have whole grain French garlic bread on the side and yogurt for dessert.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Yesterday I made two hamburgers in my ninja foodie oven. I had a light lunch and was starving. Tonight I made tacos using 2 hamburger patties I defrosted yesterday.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Korean-style Soy and Garlic Crunchy Chicken, a roasted veggie medley of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery and onions with brown rice.

Yogurt for dessert

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we're doctoring sarma (unstuffed cabbage) casserole to be a bit more "heart healthy." Got the "inspiration" from a bag of coleslaw mix we got on markdown Friday.

We always use brown rice, but had quite a bit left over from the Asian food we made Friday night so didn't need to cook any up from scratch.

Tonight we cooked up a pound of some grass-fed ground beef we got on markdown and had in the freezer. It was 90 percent lean, so had virtually no grease to deal with after cooking. Sautéed onions and garlic into that. Cooked up about 3/4 of a cup of dried lentils and added those to the mixture. Split that mixture to freeze half and will only use the other half for the casserole itself.

Pulled fresh oregano and basil from the pots out front and will add no salt/low sodium tomatoes, tomato sauce and V8 juice before tossing it in the oven and topping with a little cheese later.

We'll have breaded, baked zucchini on the side.

Last night we finished off leftover cauliflower curry soup and still had some beet purée left so made another round of roasted beet and goat cheese pizza on whole grain Greek pita.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night's sarma casserole turned out great. It was a lot lighter than the traditional way I make it, but we didn't miss the meat in the least.

We had leftovers of it tonight along with more baked zucchini and more celery sticks.