Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night was a repeat of Friday's Gyro meal, except we added Sautéed Beet Greens and it was really too hot for sickeningly sweet ice cream for dessert. (Never thought I'd hear those words from my mouth, but the heat this summer is extreme.)

Gardencook

Trader Group
We picked up frozen pizza on our way home from the Municipal Band Concert in the park. We had heat advisories over the weekend and it was just too hot to think about eating before 9 p.m.

We got a Mediterranean Veggie Pizza as well as a Beet, Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese pizza -- the beet one is really small.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we made Thai Basil Beef using fresh Thai and Cinnamon Basil we grew ourselves and Carne Asada we got cheap today.

We had stir-fry vegetables and brown rice on the side.

Ice Cream for dessert.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Bison Burgers with Cheese on Whole Wheat Buns with Tomato and Sweet Onion
Oven Fries
Dill Pickle Salad
Smoothies

Gardencook

Trader Group
Giant Chicken Fajita Burritos with whole wheat tortillas, chicken fajitas, black beans, brown and red rice, salsa, guacamole, cheese, cilantro and yogurt.
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips on the side.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We were supposed to have pizza at Red Robin tonight, but that place is either up or down. Last time we got excellent service. Tonight they refused to honor the email offer, so we left.

Went next door to Panera where we had sandwiches and salads with a different email offer. They were very good.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night we had homemade chili in the Crock-Pot. Crunchy Ranch Salad on the side.

Tonight we used the same chili on chili dogs. A different ranch salad on the side tonight.

Gardencook

Trader Group
The chili got recycled into stuffed yellow summer squash in the Crock-Pot tonight. Easy way to keep from making the house hotter when we've got another heat advisory in effect.

We got some beautiful mini-peppers on markdown and stuffed them with some onion cheese ball (also a markdown) to go along with it.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We had a Panera deal -- $5/$20 -- so took advantage of that.

I got a flatbread pizza and half strawberry poppy seed salad. DH had a chicken salad sandwich and the same salad I did.

It was a very good meal!

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
This evening we are meeting friends at a Mexican restaurant.
I’m getting chicken with mushrooms,onions,peppers and tomatoes served with rice & beans.