Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Two nights ago, I made zucchini quiche and we had steaks and burgers too. My coworker gave me chicken eggs and duck eggs from her little farm. D1 and boyfriend grilled and I made a mushroom gravy at d1's request. It came out great. I also baked from scratch duck egg brownies and they were delicious.
Last night was leftovers and I had a burger and some quiche. D1 had rice and the rest of the gravy over it.

Gardencook

Trader Group
I had a headache set in toward late afternoon, so really didn't care what I ate for dinner.

I ended up with peanut butter and home canned pineapple jalapeño jam, followed by ramen noodles with lots of cayenne, an egg thrown in and green onions and cilantro on top.

DH decided on toast -- not sure if he went with peanut butter or dairy butter, but I'm sure the word "jalapeño" on the jam probably kept him from enjoying it -- despite the fact that it really wasn't that hot.

Gardencook

Trader Group
We went out of town shopping today and had a coupon for a B1G1 meal at one of our favorite out-of-town, regional restaurants. We don't have Rumbi Island Grill here.

We both got Grilled Chicken Bowls with Steamed Veggies and Brown Rice. DH got the Orange Sauce and I got the Sweet and Spicy one.

They were delicious, but I've been dieting and my stomach shrunk. They have really generous portions there, and I couldn't eat all mine. Had to bring part of it home. At least due to Covid, it came in an aluminum take-out pan even though we were dining in. Normally, they come in a large, fancy bowl. However, leftovers were easy to handle when all we had to do was ask for a lid for my container.

I think I'll offer the leftovers to DH for lunch tomorrow, since I already had something else in mind for dinner.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Burgers, fries and milkshakes. The coupons for the burgers and fries expired today even though the B1G1 milkshake one didn't expire till the 30th.

Gardencook

Trader Group
After hours working with Microsoft with no results, we were too tired to make the original stir-fry that was planned with the frozen meals we got cheap today so we just steamed some broccoli to go along with the orange chicken and vegetable fried rice frozen meal. Actually, the picture on the label showed what looked like plain white rice with the meal, so the mixed veggies in the rice were a surprise. Had I known about them, I was so tired I probably would have skipped the broccoli. :D

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
I made this recipe last night and my only regret is that I did not make more. D1 and I really enjoyed it .

our side was roasted broccoli

Gardencook

Trader Group
Made enough rice last night so that we could have a repeat dinner tonight. The two packages of chicken we got earlier in the week for 32 cents total are seasoned differently, but otherwise the meal will be the same.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we'll be having steak marinated in Johnny's Whiskey Sauce, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Possibly a salad and garlic bread on the side.