Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Gardencook

Trader Group
Mixed fast food tonight. We picked up Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches on a five for $10 deal then we picked up Buy one, get one free milkshakes at Arctic Circle. Not the most nutritious, but it was quick on the way home from a bunch of errands.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Breaded fish fillets tonight. The grocery store offered a good deal on Gorton's last week ($2.99 each) and had a limit of four. I decided to experiment and bought three different fish fillets (beer battered, crispy and crunchy) as well as one package of fish sandwich fillets. So far we've liked them all, so I don't think I learned much, but it has been interesting. ;)

We had roasted asparagus and fingerling potato oven fries to go with it.

Still working through the strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert -- we made a BIG pan. :D

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
We had salmon tonight and tried a new recipe ...we loved it. Our sides we’re minute rice, Asian vegetables and beets.
I would eliminate the salt or use less than recommended.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Roasted spaghetti squash with vegetarian "meatballs" and a tomato sauce made from pantry ingredients with whole grain garlic bread on the side.

We might have a salad on the side and still need to make up a pan of strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Battered fish fillets, roasted asparagus and mixed fingerling oven fries.

We didn't get the crisp made last night, but got it done today, so that is our dessert.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Customer Appreciation Day at Arby's, so we got $2.00 Gyros for dinner.

Still working on the strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert. Tonight will be the last night and I'll miss it when its gone.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Last night I ordered a pizza from our local place. The night before I had tunafish sandwiches while D1 ate out with her boyfriend.

This past week, D1 and I made chicken ramen, however, D1 likes things spicy. My sense of taste and smell has not returned 100 % yet, so I can eat some things that are more spicy than I used to eat. Well, the first try was way too spicy so we cut down the spice in the ramen soup by adding water. The spices on the chicken were perfect and I was able to have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Arby's sent an email for B1G1 sandwiches we can get by showing the email -- today only. Thought maybe we'd get Reubens, since we just had Gyros last week and DH picked up a Gyro kit on markdown yesterday.

We've got a little more than $4 left on a gift card. It won't cover the entire cost, but rather than confuse him with another new gift card, I thought we'd just use up that one and get it out of my purse.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Mahi Mahi with Cajun Seasoning, Mediterranean-spiced Brown Basmati Rice and Lentils with Roasted Asparagus on the side.

We made brownies last night, so that will be dessert.

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Used one of our B1G1 milkshake coupons BEFORE it was about to expire this month.

DH was running some errands, so I had him pick up burgers, fries and the milkshakes from this month's sale flyer.