Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Friday night, I had pizza and d1 had chicken fingers and fries from our local pizzeria.

On Saturday, Crankie took me and D1 out to dinner. We took the ferry over and walked to the restaurant. Both d1 and Crankie had eaten there before, so I was expecting it to be nice night out. Our appetizers were very good and we enjoyed fried calamari in a buffalo sauce and a grilled octopus salad. Both portions were plentiful and delicious. I ordered a sliced steak sandwich without cheese and Crankie ordered his with cheese. Both came with fries. D1 ordered a great seasoned fried chicken sandwich and mac & cheese as her side.. When our meals arrived mine had cheese on it, so I sent it back. Big mistake....the server claimed they were out of that particular item and I looked at the menu again. If only I had ordered a burger, things would have probably gone more smoothly. I told the server, I will have the same chicken sandwich as my daughter, and referred to it by the name on the menu. What arrived was nothing like the picture perfect meals my daughter and husband got. I was incredulous as I looked at a skinny piece of grilled chicken with a big piece of lettuce and some pickled onions. While I did not lose my temper, I called the lady back and she insisted this was what I ordered. It was not, as I explained that I wanted what my daughter had and that I was tired of waiting and would eat this. I was sorry I did (it was awful and I smothered it in ketchup). The owner later came over, apologized and removed the meal from our bill. The waitress came over to tell us she wrote it correctly and the cook messed it up. Um, how about checking the meal before you serve it? Crankie tipped generously and I would not have in this case. You order 2 dinners that they cannot get right and do not offer to make it right. The place was slightly busy and needs better management. Needless to say, this happens to me more than it should. Even d1 was like , MOM this always happens to you. LOL sad but true.

By the way, Crankie wants to go back to this place on Wednesday for Prime rib night and since I am working at the bank, I may just pass!!!

Today, Crankie requested spaghetti and meatballs. I made my own meatballs and used 2 quarts of my own frozen sauce from the freezer.
I fried my meatballs and added them to my heated up sauce. My dinner was 100 times better than last night's dinner.

jastwins

Trader Group
I broiled some nice steaks from Sam's Club, made Carolina rice pilaf, microwaved a pictsweet veggie assortment and cooked a can of corn. We really enjoyed it !!!

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Tonite we are having burgers, waffle fries and asparagus.
Last night I had a few slices of bbq chicken CA. Pizza kitchen pizza because DH had to go into work and I didn’t feel like making a big meal for myself.

jastwins

Trader Group
I bought a markdown package of chop meat and d1 and I had spicy burgers and McCain’s craft beer fries. My taste buds are not what they used to be since I had covid, but now I can tolerate hot and spicy food more than I used to.

Cathy

Happy Birthday Cathy!!
I decided to treat myself with a meat dish since I couldn't have any yesterday and won't have any tomorrow (Lent)...ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut and was shocked at how much the price had gone up since my last order....It seems everything is skyrocketing :(

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Caesar salad ( packaged - was wondering why the lettuce was so pale then I looked at the pkg and it contained iceberg & no romaine- I guess it’s too risky).
Left over soup & open faced sloppy joe on homemade toasted wheat that mil gifted us with.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Caesar salad ( packaged - was wondering why the lettuce was so pale then I looked at the pkg and it contained iceberg & no romaine- I guess it’s too risky).
Left over soup & open faced sloppy joe on homemade toasted wheat that mil gifted us with.
Did you get a "chopped" salad by mistake @flowerkitty ? We've been running into that a lot lately. Seems like they are getting more chopped salads without the Romaine than the traditional ones.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
Did you get a "chopped" salad by mistake @flowerkitty ? We've been running into that a lot lately. Seems like they are getting more chopped salads without the Romaine than the traditional ones.
@Gardencook -This was a Caesar salad from Aldi.
I looked at it twice and read the label and sure enough, it listed iceburg and green leaf lettuce. After I had dumped the salad into the bowl & was making the pieces smaller...it just didn’t feel like romaine. It didn’t have the right taste & the texture was off.
We concluded that they had switched out the lettuce after all the recalls on romaine in the last couple of years. I won’t bother buying it again.

Gardencook

Trader Group
@Gardencook -This was a Caesar salad from Aldi.
I looked at it twice and read the label and sure enough, it listed iceburg and green leaf lettuce. After I had dumped the salad into the bowl & was making the pieces smaller...it just didn’t feel like romaine. It didn’t have the right taste & the texture was off.
We concluded that they had switched out the lettuce after all the recalls on romaine in the last couple of years. I won’t bother buying it again.
We don't have Aldi here, so you weren't eating the salad I was wondering about. However, lately I've noticed we see a chopped salad that Dole makes that is "Caesar." It is mostly iceberg lettuce and doesn't have the nice crunch of Romaine. It was disappointing the first time I got it by mistake. Since then I've resigned myself to the change.

Salads are one of the things that have been in rather short supply lately. They aren't going on sale often and when they are, they usually don't have the ones I really want.

jastwins

Trader Group
Last night I picked up sirloin steaks on sale, potatoes on sale and used a freezer frozen veg in the microwave for dinner. D1 and her boyfriend cut up potatoes and seasoned them and cooked them in my Ninja foodie oven. I broiled the steaks in my regular oven and everything came out great..

Gardencook

Trader Group
Beer Battered Fish Fillets
Red and White Fingerling Potato Oven Fries
Thai Mango Chili Salad -- Not the best match, but DH picked it up on markdown -- probably without realizing it might be spicy. I most likely would have passed, since he doesn't like spicy foods. ;) It will be interesting to try.

jastwins

Trader Group
I took boneless pork chops and sliced them in half, pounded them, breaded and fried them. Sides included Carolina Rice pilaf, creamed spinach, and I reheated the veggies from last night .