Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Crankie wanted pizza and that is what we had. Easy enough!

Crazy week at work and this afternoon, my dad was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Hopefully, he will be ok, but no one can visit him due to covid rules. He was retaining fluids so they are monitoring him and will get him the right meds. Prayers welcome.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
I made a big pot of beef,tomato & vegetable soup. It will hit the spot in the snowy weekend ahead & I will take some to my mom tomorrow before the flakes fly.

@jastwins we will keep your dad in our prayers for a quick recovery. It is sad he can’t have someone with him.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
My sister had a FaceTime call done with a nurse and Dad smiled and waved and told the nurse “they miss me”. It made my sister and mom cry. He showed great improvement with the right medication and his heart is functioning well. They got 1100 c.c of fluid out of him. Prayers are helping so thank you to those who did pray.
We had dinner out with friends tonight, our neighbors by our other house. We never were able to see them In December due to covid. I enjoyed a cold antipasto platter, baked clams, Fried zucchini , all appetizers at our table & my dinner was fried calamari. Crankie hand a huge seafood platter with pasta, shrimp scallops mussels & clams. My neighbor had lasagna and her husband had a shrimp dish. We also had salads.
For dessert we had small cannolis, coffee and tea.
We usually get our neighbors a gift certificate but decided to treat them to dinner and we all had a great time.

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Late lunch/early dinner at Red Robin. Got a Buy one, get one 50 percent off gourmet burger offer yesterday.

We both had Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches. DH had bottomless fries with his and I opted for bottomless salad. They were very good, but that one single napkin you get due to COVID doesn't cut it with a very messy sandwich. Thankfully, I remembered to ask for additional napkins in advance. I miss the roll of paper towels (and the pepper shakers) that used to be on restaurant tables.

We've got a bunch of restaurant gift cards and are getting a bit nervous about which ones will close since we hardly ever eat out any longer. Figured this was a good chance to whittle the pile.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Looks like the site is finally back up and running again. It will take a little getting used to as any new look does, but overall I think I looks nice.

Friday night we had Gyros, tater tots and salad.

Saturday night we had Beef Fajitas, Chili Verde Brown Rice and Refried Beans.

Today was the last day of the Red Robin deal and since we actually got a free reward burger instead half off the second burger the other night, we thought we'd take advantage as long as we were out anyway.

We had our usual Teriyaki Chicken burgers just like we had the other day.

They haven't been running many restaurant deals since COVID and we've got a LOT of gift cards. We're seeing businesses close here and don't want to get caught with a bunch of gift cards we no longer have.

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
@Gardencook ....happy to see you!
Glad things are running again :)

Yesterday I had RedRobin for lunch with dd. It was our last shopping trip & lunch out before baby comes.

Last night we had Chile verde.
Today I made a big pot of tomato beef vegetable soup...it was supposed to be a snowy day...but it seems to be behind schedule.
I am looking forward to spring...these single digits for highs is just the pits.