Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

We made a Crock-Pot full of steak and potato soup which we had with Caesar salad and corn muffins for lunch.

We weren't that hungry for dinner, but still managed to heat up leftover fajitas with refried beans and corn on the cob for dinner.

Needless to say, we're stuffed.

Cathy and Jorainna like this.
  2. Gardencook

Went a little lighter on lunch today -- small portion of Hawaiian slaw with some Thai Coconut Curry Chicken soup.

Then we had bison burgers on whole wheat buns with coleslaw, potato salad and cottage cheese for dinner tonight.

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  3. Gardencook

Had a late picnic lunch of smoked turkey sandwiches by a lake this afternoon. Actually, DH just about didn't have one half of his, because a Gray Jay sneaked in when he wasn't looking and tried to steal half of his sandwich. I had to grab the plastic wrap and slam it over the top with my hand to save it. :p

We still ended up giving a few bread crusts and chips to begging jays and chipmunks throughout the meal. Those critters really know how to work a crowd. ;)

We weren't that hungry tonight so just made some quick quesadillas.

4. Gardencook

Last night we had Thai Chicken Curry Soup and Asian Chopped Salad..

5. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

D3 and I went shopping and I stopping for fast food. Still keeping with her vegan ways, she wanted to order a McDonald's sandwich, no meat. This drives me nuts to pay full price and not get the meat. I checked my Mcdonalds mobile app and saw a deal for a $2 big mac so we ordered it without the meat and we were both happy....she with the bread and veggies and me with the price.
    I ordered Burger king and used a coupon.

D2 had a salad and also asked for a Happy Meal

Tonight, I have to decide between chicken fajitas or chicken cutlets.

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  6. Gardencook

Tonight we tried Foster Farms Chicken Garlic Spinach Hand Crafts Sandwiches. They were actually really good. Too bad I found them on clearance, so will probably never see them again.

We had roasted fingerline potatoes and Caesar Salad on the side.

7. jastwins

Last night, I ended up doing a chicken stir fry and used some red peppers that were going to go bad. I used soy and terriyaki sauce with onions and garlic and served it over minute rice. Leftovers are my lunch today.

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  8. Gardencook

Cornmeal crusted trout, herb mashed potatoes and green beans with sweet corn muffins and sourdough bread.

We got a two for one special at a restaurant.

jastwins and Jorainna like this.
  9. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

I bought a rotisserie chicken from the deli, King's Hawaiian roles, and made sauteed asparagus and mashed potatoes for my son and myself. For hubby, I made him a grape, apple, lettuce with diced chicken salad.

jastwins, Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  10. Gardencook

Steak and Potato Soup, Salad and Jalapeño Corn Muffins with Raspberry Butter.

11. Gardencook

Pineapple BBQ Angus Meatballs with Sweet Peppers, Potatoes and a Spinach Cranberry Almond Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.

jastwins likes this.
  12. Gardencook

Leftover meatballs with a brown rice and amaranth medley and a spinach salad on the side.

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  13. Gardencook

Pepper Steak, Ginger Chicken with Broccoli and Brown Rice.

14. jastwins

Last night, I had tuna fish and salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
    D2 had flank steak with salad and leftover rice.
    D3 is house sitting for her former boss and I hope she had dinner!!!
    D1 is up at college where meals are basically take out... you cannot eat at the dining hall due to covid restrictions.

Gardencook likes this.
  15. Gardencook

Last night we had chicken noodle soup, chicken salad sandwiches on wheat bolo rolls and a citrus chopped salad -- all discount items we picked up at grocery stores and ate in our hotel suite.

We LOVE having kitchen units when we travel, because I had a SPLITTING headache and NEVER would have been able to make it out to a restaurant for dinner. Haven't had a headache that bad in ages and can't figure out exactly what triggered it.

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  16. jastwins

Last night we had pizza. I went to get some specialty slices and while there I ran into a colleague from the bank and his mom. We had a nice chat and they went out of their way to come to our island since they know the owner too and miss his food. I thanked the owner for being open and giving me options when i do not want to cook and he gave me a free large pie when I left. NICE!

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  17. Gardencook

We stopped at Maddox Ranch House for a late lunch on our way home yesterday. We had trout, potato, a fresh/homemade, not frozen carrot and green bean medley, nice salad with homemade dressing, made-from scratch yeast rolls and corn dodgers with raspberry butter.

Needless to say, we weren't terribly hungry come dinner time last night, but did heat up some more chicken noodle soup with another chicken salad sandwich.

Cathy likes this.
  18. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Having homemade sloppy joes and a veggie

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  19. Gardencook

Tonight we had Sarma Casserole -- basically unstuffed cabbage rolls.

We got cabbage cheap at the discount grocery, had lots of cheap peppers from our trip and had brown rice, hamburger and tomato products at home as well as other ingredients to finish the dish.

20. jastwins

Last night was leftover pizza for me and D2 picked up sushi on our little trip off island. When Crankie came out last night, he brought us what we wanted...hot and sour soup for me and wonton soup for D2.

Moderators: KimShaw