Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Green is Gold

Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving
Staff member
Trader Group
Looks like I haven't posted since Thursday, so let's see if I remember...

Friday: I got a waffle maker for Christmas that makes waffles in the shape of Bob Ross's face (remember the guy with the big hair on PBS who used to paint "happy little trees"? LOL That Bob Ross. Hahaha!) I used it for the 1st time and they're more like big pancakes than waffles, but everyone enjoyed them! I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture later.

Saturday & Sunday: I work early morning on the weekends and then we had 3 games Saturday and 3 on Sunday, so I didn't have time to cook. Sat. was Domino's pizza, a new one opened by us and they're running large 3 topping pizzas for $7.99. Sunday my husband ate a Smart One frozen meal and the kids ate mac cheese. I had a hotdog at one of the games.

Monday I made porkchops, garlic mashed potatoes, corn, salad and I had picked up a loaf of french bread for 62 cents because it was broken...what do I care? I'm going to cut it up anyway. lol

Last night I made a big pot of jambalaya and we had salad and french bread.

Today is my daughter's birthday, she has a game and then I work concession for the varsity game.
There are plenty of leftovers here from the last 2 nights. (We're taking her out to eat on Saturday for her birthday.)

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
On the way home from the airport, I treated D1 to Applebee’s. She had the Caesar salad and I had a regular salad. We did the 2 for $20 deal and ordered burgers and fries. We ordered boneles# chicken wings plus burgers and fries to go for D2& d3. All covered by some g c s I received for Christmas.

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
It's been an odd week. I haven't cooked at all, but I also haven't gone out to eat. My husband and his brothers and sister have spent every evening at the hospital, with the brother who is sick. Since they've been bringing in food every night, he's not hungry when he comes home. So, after making dinner the first night, and then putting it in the fridge, I started taking soups out of the freezer for my dinner. When I put the containers of soup in there, I wasn't sure when I'd actually eat them. They really came in handy.

He's going to try to get off work early today, and go visit on his way home. So, he might actually be here in time for dinner. But...since I don't have any clue if it will work out, I haven't cooked or planned anything! I say we order out, since the weather will probably keep us in the house all weekend...thanks to Winter Storm Harper!

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
We had steaks tonight but they were not as good as last time. Our sides were corn casserole, winter mix veggies, rice, salad and mixed veggies.
We had a cake tonight for the twins’ birthday (on 1/22) They start school on their birthday. My travel nightmare starts tomorrow with taking d 1 to school and d2 the following day. We are expecting heavy rain, some snow and a deep freeze. Ugh!!

everprincess

(\(\ Energizer Bunny - ( =':') She Keeps Going!
Trader Group
Let's see...for the last two weekends I've cooked for two days and packed up the fridges. I'm sick of planning dinner during the week because it's just too much with work, errands, appointments for DS. So yesterday and Saturday I made the following:

Meat sauce...thawed from freezer into crockpot so that will be used on some kind of pasta (they want lasagna but I have no ricotta)
Ribs (eaten last night..gone in seconds)
Macaroni and cheese (homemade)
Pork tenderlion (was a freezer meal dumped into the crockpot and then shredded)
Spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken
Cheesy Chicken pizza
Cilantro Lime Chicken (to use on salad)
Jambalaya
Prosciutto Fat Bombs
Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted to make broccoli fritters and bacon fat bombs but I ran out of time and endurance lol. Maybe tonight...probably tomorrow I'm still exhausted. But the fridge is packed good and everything left from last week (wasn't much) was given to the dogs last night. I'm already working on a list for this coming weekend. I also reorganized all my freezers and took stock of what is left.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night we had pizza and salad.

Screamin' Sicilian Pizza was B1G1 and there was a $2 printable coupon that expires today. Of course, our store doesn't take two coupons on a B1G1 and I had two coupons so that meant we bought four pizzas. That should take care of some future meals.

Tried the cheese pan pizza this time. Our store only had the five cheese regular crust a year or so ago -- which was the last time we could afford that pricey brand. At that time I wasn't thrilled with the crust and it had WAY too much cheese. The pan crust was much tastier and since it wasn't a "five cheese" variety the cheese wasn't so overpowering.

I had forgotten the HUGE cardboard mustache the box says you must wear while the pizza is cooking. Of course, DH found it just like last time and had to sport it over his well-trimmed mustache. :p

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
We did hamburger sliders last night for supper with yellow squash for a side. Made 12 little burgers out of 1 lb. of meat. Perfect sized for my husband who has kidney disease and is not allowed much protein. However, my 22 yr. old son said he would prefer full sized burgers ... LOL.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night we had a brown rice, turkey, broccoli and cheese casserole we put together a while back from pantry ingredients. DH was a big fan and went back for seconds.

Tonight, I'm toying with the idea of putting together a roasted Hubbard squash soup with turkey cranberry burgers. Just don't know if I can get myself motivated to butcher the big squash we've got waiting to be used -- that is always my big drawback with using fresh ingredients! :p

Gardencook

Trader Group
Did get the squash soup made the other night and it was delicious, however, that squash was as big a pain to cut up as I'd feared!

Made it the easy way, however, and just tossed the squash on a roasting pan with some oil to cook it. Halved a couple onions and roasted them along with it and later tossed in some garlic cloves to roast, as well. No need to boil/saute that way! ;)

DH had to go out of town for a meeting yesterday, so we got the steak, baked potato and all-you-can-eat salad bar special at Sizzler that is currently going for $9.99. We LOVE that salad bar!

We've still got leftover soup and a couple turkey burgers left over from the other night, so that will be dinner tonight.

everprincess

(\(\ Energizer Bunny - ( =':') She Keeps Going!
Trader Group
What's a "fat bomb" everprincess?

Fat Bombs" Are the New Keto Snack People Are Obsessed With. ... They're called "fat bombs," "keto bombs," or "fat fudge." Different from energy balls or protein balls, these concoctions prioritize fat over protein and are a keto favorite because of their tastiness and ability to keep you full.

This week has been a parade of leftovers. I don't know whether to cook more this weekend or not. I'm thinking of doing the crockpot dinners I have in the freezer this coming week because they need to go.

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
Last night I made myself a large dinner salad. I made hubby two small burger sliders (3 oz. of meat total and slivered one slider bun to make two sandwiches), and a mound of steamed green and red peppers with onions as those veggies are kidney disease friendly.

KimShaw

☕♥ I made it to 1,000! ♥☕
Staff member
Trader Group
Last night was Macaroni and cheese with wild buffalo hamburg. Tonight will be Wild Game fillets, mashed potatoes and a vegetable.