Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Tonight we mixed a "Buffalo Shaved Chicken" pack we got on markdown with an Orange Chicken Stir-fry kit -- also a markdown.

We had a mixed rice medley to go with it and have mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. It was about 100 degrees today so we can use a treat.

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  2. Gardencook

Breaded Fish Fillets, Potato Salad, Corn on the Cob.

jastwins and Jorainna like this.
  3. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

Tonite we made beef kabobs with mushrooms,onions,peppers,zucchini & cherry tomatoes. The peppers,zucchini & cherry tomatoes came from the garden.
    DH just got the kabobs warm on the grill....then ran out of gas. Luckily he had some chunk charcoal & his cowboy grill that he could finish cooking dinner on.

jastwins, Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  4. Gardencook

Greek Burgers and Fries -- they were delicious!

Jorainna likes this.
  5. Gardencook

Tonight we had chicken gyros. They didn't advertise it on the menu, but these were different than traditional. The chicken had a curry sauce instead of Greek seasoning.

They still had tzatziki sauce and Feta cheese along with a bunch of tomatoes and lettuce, but they also added sliced pepperoncini -- something I never would have thought to add myself -- but it worked.

At least I thought it worked. DH tasted one and decided they were too spicy for him. At least they were on one side of the sandwich -- half on/half off -- so easy for him to remove.

I decided one slice was just right for each bite of sandwich -- which was huge, so after I worked my way through my pile of peppers, I finished off most of his, as well. With tzatziki and Feta they really weren't that spicy.

jastwins and Jorainna like this.
  6. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

@Gardencook - sounded delicious to me! :)

We had seared chicken breast, steamed summer squash, green beans and baby yukon gold potatoes.

jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  7. Gardencook

Fresh Trout, Baked Potatoes, Fresh Local Corn on the Cob, Salad with house made dressing, the Lightest Fresh Baked Yeast Rolls you'll ever eat, Corn Pones and Raspberry Honey Butter to go on both. Did I mention fresh well water to cool off?

Gotta LOVE Maddox Ranch House. There's a reason they've been in business for more than 70 years and you STILL have to wait to get a table EVERY time you go. We arrived at an off-hour -- between dinner and lunch -- and there were still quite a few people waiting in front of us.

At least they had lots of leather sofas for "social distancing." We've been there in the past when there wasn't a single seat available on the 10 or so sofas, fireplace mantle or anywhere else people could sit or stand -- of course that was before you could only get one table's occupants per sofa.

We were on our way back home from Park City, Utah this afternoon and HAD to hit both the Utah Fruit Way and Maddox on the way back home. ;)

We've eaten in more restaurants the past couple days than we have in the previous six months, but its time for home cooking again. o_O

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  8. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

D1 and I had a late lunch at a restaurant today. I had a great burger and fries and D1 had fish and chips

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  9. Jorainna

Made a salad of lettuce, sliced grapes, chopped apple, and added rotisserie chicken to it for hubby. In mine I added chopped red onion and avocado with poppy seed dressing.

Gardencook and jastwins like this.
  10. Gardencook

We picked up popcorn chicken on markdown on our trip and I knew we'd be tired when we got home, so last night we had that with roasted potatoes with fresh corn on the cob we picked up on the Utah Fruit Way. We were supposed to have a nice salad, but forgot.

11. Gardencook

Tonight we had a Kung Pao Chicken Veggie Stir-Fry with Mixed Rice Medley.

Ice Cream for dessert.

Jorainna likes this.
  12. jastwins

Last night we had sweet and hot sausage on the grill with peppers and onions. We got a nice loaf of French bread and had fresh corn on the cob as a side.

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  13. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

I got my first tomatoes of the year on Sunday and was so excited to have them...they are one of my favorites! Unfortunately, after a dinner of tomatoes and soup I had a bad stomach ache and the next day it happened again. I was recently diagnosed with an ulcer so I'm wondering if that was the problem. It's hard to lose a food you love :(

Jorainna, jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  14. Gardencook

Sweet and Sour Chicken, Vegetable Stir-Fry and Mixed Rice Medley.

Jorainna likes this.
  15. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have veggie burgers on whole wheat buns, oven fries, corn on the cob and salad.

Jorainna likes this.
  16. jastwins

@Cathy I am so sorry to hear you were diagnosed with an ulcer.
    Here are some foods that are better for your diet.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/stomach-ulcer-diet#causes

Cathy likes this.
  17. Gardencook

Hamburgers, French Fries and B1G1 Milkshakes. Had coupons that will expire in a few days.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Jorainna likes this.
  18. Jorainna

Fixed turkey burgers for supper tonight. I had mine with purple onion and homegrown tomatoes.

Gardencook likes this.
  19. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

Thanks so much for sending this article...I had been searching the internet for info on ulcers and this is by far the best and most helpful one I've seen. You're a lifesaver :)

Gardencook and jastwins like this.
  20. Gardencook

Orange Chicken, Stir-Fry Veggies and Brown Rice

Jorainna likes this.
Moderators: KimShaw