Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

I went to a steak house with my vegan son today and while he ordered a tremendously large salad, I couldn't eat more than half of the half-pound double entrecote hamburger. I did, however, manage to finish the glass of wine from the restaurant owner's vineyard.

Cathy, jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  2. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

The local pizzeria had oven problems (no pizza)
    so we ordered a philly steak sandwich and a caprese panini.

Gardencook and Fillies Fan like this.
  3. boykinm87

boykinm87 Member Trader Group

Publix chicken tender dinner with Mac and cheese black beans and rice with collard greens

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  4. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Last night we had Turkey Tacos, Black Bean Tostadas and Chili Verde Brown Rice -- all from ingedients we had on hand.

There is enough leftover that it will probably be tonight's dinner, as well.

Cathy and Fillies Fan like this.
  5. jastwins

Last night, we barbecued chicken thighs with Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce. Our sides were grilled zucchini, green beans and stuffing.
    Tonight, I am supposed to do barbecued ribs and am waiting for d3 to get home so we can make a marinade for one pack of ribs. The other pack might be honey mustard.... we'll see.

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  6. Gardencook

We're having beef cheeseburgers on whole wheat buns. We picked up a few fresh tomatoes in a discount bag the other day, so we'll be able to have sliced tomatoes on the burgers.

We'll have oven fries and a sweet kale salad on the side.

jastwins and Fillies Fan like this.
  7. Gardencook

Spanish Brown Rice and Corn on the Cob.

Yogurt for dessert.

8. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have roast turkey, scalloped potatoes and cranberry sauce. We'll probably just heat up a can of green beans for a vegetable.

9. Gardencook

Picked up a refrigerated skillet meal on markdown today for a quick meal. We'll probably have a frozen cauliflower and asparagus side -- not the most colorful, but it will add a veggie and free some space in the freezer.
    [​IMG]

jastwins likes this.
  10. Gardencook

We've got Chili going in the Crock-Pot today.

Soaked the beans yesterday, cooked them overnight and have added the additional ingredients as needed throughout the day. I never follow a recipe, so it is always a waiting game to see how it comes out.

Just did a taste test and it is pretty good if I do say so myself.

I bought some pouches of Sylvia's Cornbread Mix a couple weeks ago. We've never tried it, so that will go on the side.

jastwins likes this.
  11. Gardencook

Last night we had Turkey Divan over Whole Wheat Noodles.

Tonight we had Turkey Noodle Soup with Whole Grain Soda Crackers.

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  12. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have a hamburger macaroni skillet dish.

We've got hamburger, onions and garlic already sauteed so will just a matter of cooking up some whole wheat pasta and adding canned tomato products with a few spices. All things we've got on hand.

Nothing fancy, but it is "comfort food."

13. jastwins

Crankie and I had a late lunch and I am calling that dinner. We went by ferry as passengers and walked over to a restaurant that serves Mexican food. We each had a chicken burrito bowl plus an order of salsa, queso, guacamole and chips. We brought the chips and sides home and the twins had them with spicy turkey burgers I made in the Ninja foodie oven.

Gardencook likes this.
  14. Gardencook

We ate the last of the chili for dinner last night, so didn't make the macaroni skillet as planned.

We had enough hamburger potato soup to take care of lunch today and then made a hamburger hash for dinner tonight -- which finally finished off the four pounds of hamburger we got on markdown last week.

I don't honestly think I could have stretched it any more. ;)

jastwins likes this.
  15. jastwins

Last night we marinated chicken cutlets in 4 different kinds of sauce and grilled them along with some marinated zucchini. I made a white bean salad and prepared McCains sweet potato fries.
    Tonight, I made a london broil in the Ninja foodie oven and cut up red potatoes and used vegetable oil, salt, pepper and rosemary and baked it in the oven.

Gardencook likes this.
  16. Gardencook

Idaho Trout, Brown and Wild Rice Pilaf and Coleslaw.

jastwins and Cathy like this.
  17. Gardencook

We ended up getting two free Gyros instead of just one. That was our dinner tonight.

To make the meal more "balanced" we had ice cream for dessert. It was mint chocolate chip and we like to make sure and "eat our greens" every single day. :p

Obviously not the meal of my life I'm proudest of, but it worked. ;)

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  18. Gardencook

Country Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Corn

Yogurt for dessert

I have NO idea why I consider that particular Marie Callender's frozen meal such a "treat," but once in a while they go on sale and I can't resist. I don't think we've had one since COVID-19 hit, so maybe psychologically it is "comfort food." :p

Tried to undo a little of the damage from last night's dinner by getting the juicer going tonight -- beet, beet greens, carrot, celery, apple and pear. It was tasty! ;)

I was supposed to make some juice last night, but the three stores I thought we were visiting turned into five by the time we got home -- actually six if you count Arby's. I was beat after sitting so much all winter! ... and wearing a hot mask everywhere we go doesn't help matters, but better safe than sorry. :confused:

jastwins and Cathy like this.
  19. Gardencook

We've been eating from the freezer all week. We got a deal on some frozen, whole grain bowls with coupons on the last mega sale, so have been enjoying them -- usually with stir-fry or salad on the side.

Today we picked up a couple organic pizzas on mega sale. The size/price wasn't as good as the store across town, but the gas and effort to get there made the decision for us. We can still get two pizzas across town before Tuesday if we decide to go there.

So tonight we'll have a Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Pizza as well as a Greek Vegetable one. We've had them in the past and they were good.

We'll make a salad to go along with them.

jastwins likes this.
  20. Gardencook

BBQ Beef Sandwiches in the slow-cooker, Oven Fries and Fiesta Lime Coleslaw.

jastwins likes this.
Moderators: KimShaw