Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

On Mother's day, we went to our favorite Italian restaurant and brought home the following. I had Chicken Marsala, D1 had tortellini primavera, d2 had veal marsala, D3 had pasta primavera in garlic and oil, Crankie had Seafood pasta.
    Appetizers included Fried calamari, cold seafood salad, fried zucchini, stuffed mushrooms and tomatoes and mozzarella. It was all delicious and they forgot to give us our dessert. Crankie will pick it up on his way out later this week.

Gardencook likes this.
  2. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

We had a late lunch again this afternoon of burgers, fries and milkshakes. We had a B1G1 milkshake, but not once since we've had to use the drive-thru due to Coronavirus has that place gotten our milkshake order right! We get two coupons a month, so that is quite a few trips. :rolleyes:

I get the impression they know they don't have to straighten out a mistake if they make one, so they just don't bother.

Anyway, since we were still not that hungry we simply heated up some white chicken chili from a can for dinner and ate it with whole grain saltines.

jastwins likes this.
  3. jastwins

@Gardencook, I can say that my drink order has been messed up at various fast food establishments. The clerks don’t seem to care either. Like one clerk told me when I asked her which of the three drinks was diet “well, you’ll figure it out!”

Gardencook likes this.
  4. Gardencook

Late lunch here at home again and I was baking bread so a late dinner of fresh bread and soup sounded tasty and easy. However, we're kind of mixing cultures.

The pouched soup that sounded best was Chicken, Quinoa with Roasted Poblano and the bread is Norwegian Oatmeal Molasses. Just couldn't see a green curry soup with molasses bread, however. :p

jastwins likes this.
  5. jastwins

Crankie’s and the girls had take out from the great Mexican restaurant we have on island. D1 had steak quesadillas, d2 had chicken empanadas, d3 had a veggie burrito wrap and Crankie had A chicken burrito wrap. I had leftover veal Marsala since I love it and did not want it to go to waste.

Gardencook likes this.
  6. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

meatloaf green beans and sweet potatoes

Cathy, Gardencook and jastwins like this.
  7. Gardencook

We were supposed to have Korean Beef Eggrolls, but DH put away the groceries and lost the coleslaw mix. o_O

He's got a cold today, so I decided making soup from some of the beef would be the best bet. We've got the ingredients for beef vegetable soup on hand, but I don't know how the flavor twist of the Korean BBQ will go.

We've still got delicious homemade bread to go along with it. Perhaps we'll turn it into garlic bread.

Cathy, pretty woman and jastwins like this.
  8. jastwins

I made lemon chicken and it came out great. Sides were rice, corn and zucchini. No leftovers on the chicken so it must have been good.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Cathy, pretty woman and Gardencook like this.
  9. pretty woman

maybe having chili dogs for supper tonight

jastwins, Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  10. Gardencook

DH still isn't feeling that great, so lunch today was leftover soup with a Sweet Kale salad on the side and dinner will be the same soup with garlic bread.

Thankfully, the leftover Korean BBQ made quite a delicious soup.

pretty woman and jastwins like this.
  11. jastwins

We had hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans and buns. D3 has beyond sausage. We also grilled zucchini and used the olive oil Ken’s dressing. It was delicious.

Gardencook likes this.
  12. Gardencook

DH still isn't feeling great so it sounded wiser to turn one of the discounted chicken fajita meat packages I bought yesterday into a no-fuss soup.

We've got onions, garlic, celery and chicken broth in the Crock-Pot right now. Later we'll add canned corn, beans, Rotel-type tomatoes, black quinoa and the fajita/pepper mixture. Think we'll add half of one of the kale and sweet potato "bowls" as well -- for a few more fresh veggies.

jastwins likes this.
  13. jastwins

Crankie brought us Chinese food! Yeah. No cooking for me !

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  14. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have BBQ chicken legs, French Fries, Onion Rings and a Sweet Kale Salad.

jastwins likes this.
  15. Gardencook

Tonight we had Beef Fajitas on Whole Wheat Tortillas with Refried Black Beans on the side.

Last night we had leftover Chicken and Quinoa Soup

16. Gardencook

Chicken Korma, Black Rice and Roasted Green Beans.

17. jastwins

The new pizzeria on my Island opened today, so we ordered a large cheese pie!

Gardencook likes this.
  18. Gardencook

We didn't get last night's dinner made, so that will be tonight's dinner.

19. pretty woman

Maybe spagetti with garlic toast and salad Everyone have a excellent day.

Gardencook and Cathy like this.
  20. grandma608

grandma608 Active Member Trader Group

trying a new recipe in the crock pot. chicken strips combined with barbecue sauce and crushed pineapple.

pretty woman likes this.
Moderators: KimShaw