Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

After visiting Costco yesterday, we picked up a pizza and had that for dinner. Easy enough!

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  2. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

DH was finishing up lawn mowing so late dinner again tonight.

We aren't that hungry, because we had Bear Creek Potato Soup and tuna melts on Sub buns we got on markdown for lunch.

Tonight we'll settle for canned chili and crackers.

Jorainna likes this.
  3. jastwins

Tonight mom made lemon chicken, string beans and potatoes and her own egg drop soup. Delicious!

Jorainna, Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  4. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Last night we had smoked sausage, sauerkraut, and fried potatoes. My sausage was the Smoked Apple and Sage flavor from Field Roast. It's really good!

Tonight will probably be baked tilapia, rice, and fresh asparagus from the garden.

Jorainna, Gardencook and jastwins like this.
  5. Gardencook

Grilled Pacific Cod, Oven Fries and Green Beans tonight for dinner.

Homemade Zucchini Brownies for dessert

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Jorainna likes this.
  6. Gardencook

Tonight we had Beef Stroganoff in the Crock-Pot over Whole Wheat Egg Noodles with Green Beans and Cottage Cheese on the Side.

Last night we had leftovers. There was enough for one Gyro so DH let me have that with Oven Fries. He had Oven Fries and Cottage Cheese, as well as well and I think he had Whole Wheat Toast. He LOVES his toast.

Cathy and Jorainna like this.
  7. Gardencook

Lunch of a burger, fries and milkshake was so late that dinner was simply a bowl of cereal for me and toast for DH.

Jorainna likes this.
  8. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Seems like everyone should be cooking a lot more and posting it here ... LOL! Of course I now feel like I spend a lot more time in the kitchen on breakfast, lunch and dinner; whereas when I was working, it was just dinner.

Saturday night was cauliflower crusted pizza from Pie 5's curbside pick up - one of the few we have done. Yesterday I made pork fried rice for my son and myself while hubby had the plain pork with sauteed green & red peppers and onions.

Tonight was burgers with tomatoes, onions and lettuce. With green beans and summer squash for the sides.

Gardencook likes this.
  9. Gardencook

We had fried chicken, baked potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce. The only "baking" involved was the potatoes, but I did bake two loaves of bread this afternoon -- just not for dinner.

Jorainna likes this.
  10. Gardencook

Frozen Mediterranean Veggie Pizza tonight followed by ice cream for dessert.

We get a 10 percent discount on house brands at one grocery the first Tuesday of each month and usually have a coupon on pizza so that makes an easy dinner tradition when we're tired from shopping.

Jorainna likes this.
  11. jastwins

I made my version of Taco Bell super crunch tacos for the twins on Cinco de mayo. it came out great since D3 helped me. She also made queso.
    D3 roasted veggies and made a wrap with them.
    Crankie and I had chicken cutlets, German potato salad and corn.

Jorainna, Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  12. Gardencook

We're having a chicken, rosemary and quinoa concoction. We'll see if it actually turns into a casserole! :p Just trying to use up things we've got around.

Albertsons had a deal this past week that seemed to good not to enjoy. If you bought an eight piece fried or baked chicken you got a free rotisserie chicken -- $6.99 for both.

DH found a nice rosemary chicken. I love rosemary, but the seasoning is hard to come by on rotisserie chickens around here. We usually end up with lemon chicken.

Of course, Albertsons was just about out of baked chicken, so they mixed a bag of mostly fried with a couple baked pieces. We had a dinner from them Monday and also supplied lunch the past couple days.

Tonight we're launching into the rotisserie chicken -- which would normally go fine with a boxed rosemary quinoa side dish we've got on hand. However, I wanted edamame yesterday (to go with some Korean beef I'm planning later). Since there was no edamame we ended up with frozen broccoli AGAIN.

The shelves are usually cleaned out at the store these days and it seems like ALL DH can find is broccoli -- which I actually like, but am beginning to tire of. However, the stuff was on sale, I had a coupon and we got an extra 10 percent discount so broccoli it is. :rolleyes:

I just didn't want a pile of frozen broccoli on the plate as a vegetable tonight. :p So we're attempting a layered casserole.

Quinoa on the bottom
    Broccoli next layer
    Chicken after that
    And it will be topped with a mixture of sauteed onions, a little garlic, a shredded carrot, the spice mixture from the boxed quinoa, a can of chicken broth and a can of Cream of Celery soup. We're out of fresh celery, so I thought that might be a better option than Cream of Chicken tonight.

We'll probably top it with a little shredded cheese since we've got some on hand.

I make a similar casserole using brown rice and no broccoli so I think it will work.

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  13. jastwins

We had leftovers and the girls made quesadillas with our cinco de mayo ingredients. D3 roasted veggies

14. Gardencook

Beer Battered Fish, Oven Fries and Corn on the Cob -- first of the season! :)

Jorainna likes this.
  15. jastwins

I baked boneless pork chops in the oven and made baked potatoes as a side. I also made a vegan risotto with Vegan cheese, asparagus, peas & mushrooms. It came out pretty good for my first attempt at risotto.

16. Gardencook

Chicken, Baked Potatoes with Caramelized Onion Gravy and Corn on the Cob.

Jorainna likes this.
  17. jastwins

We got in a quick BBQ before the rain and colder weather arrived. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, boneless chicken thighs, macaroni salad and baked beans. d3 had her veggie risotto.

18. Gardencook

Beer Battered Fish, Oven Fries, Apple Coleslaw and Corn on the Cob

Jorainna likes this.
  19. Gardencook

Korean BBQ Beef Grain Bowls.

We caramelized onions overnight in the Crock-Pot and added a roast from the freezer this morning along with a pouch of Korean BBQ sauce we had on hand.

Cooked up a base of a favorite "Power Grain" mix which contains Japanese barley -- another pantry item. In addition to the beef an onions, we topped the bowls with shredded carrots, Asian sesame coleslaw and steamed lima beans. (The store was out of edamame when we wanted them, but limas are cheaper and taste almost the same.) We had green onions and cilantro on hand to garnish.

The bowls were REALLY delicious!

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  20. Gardencook

Dinner tonight was a repeat of what we had last night.

Moderators: KimShaw