Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Tonight I had a chicken cutlet with seasonings only cooked with PAM. I also had a salad with tuna fish and Kraft red wine vinegar dressing. D2 had a salad with avocado, chicken and lemon. D3 will eat out tonight. A healthy meal for us.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Last night we had Orange Chicken, kale mixed with vegetables in a stir-fry and brown rice.

Tonight we had a B1G1 AYCE Buffet coupon that was about to expire. It was good, but we always leave that place miserable, because even when we cut back we eat too much! :confused:

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Last night, Hubby wanted me to make the leftover mashed potatoes into patties. So, I slow-cooked some country ribs for him, and put together a nice veggie medley too. I decided that the potatoes and veggies would be plenty for me for dinner, so I didn't cook any fish for myself. Sometimes I get tired of eating fish every day, so a veggie night is a nice change of pace. Also, the potatoes and veggies together were just enough WW points for a dinner! LOL!

Tonight we are making homemade pizza...thin crust with lots of veggies!

Green is Gold

Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving
Staff member
Trader Group
Last night I just made a pot of spaghetti and heated up the leftover meatballs and sauce. I picked up at $1 loaf of Italian bread at Walmart. Husband had a salad too. No one else did.
Tonight I made chicken in a bag, garlic mashed potatoes and corn. Kids split a can of mandarin oranges with their dinner because we were out of applesauce and they like those 2 things with dinner for some reason. We had a few pieces of the Italian bread left so we finished that off.

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
I'm really not sure what we're having for dinner tonight. Hubby mentioned that he wants to "stop by and visit with" his sister and her husband this evening, but he didn't say a thing about dinner. I'd rather not cook tonight, because I've got 100 things to do today to get ready for tomorrow...the last birthday celebration of our "Birthday Season".

My DIL's birthday was right after Christmas, and my grandson's birthday was Monday. So, we're celebrating the two together. One wants meatloaf, and the other wants salisbury steaks. Both want mashed potatoes and gravy, and they're leaving the veggies sides up to me. My teenage granddaughter has requested that we have some of "that amazing salmon we had on Christmas"...so Hubby will have to grill some for us. Oh...and they both want different desserts, so I'm making chocolate chip cookies (for Tyler), and Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie (for Carolyn).

Here's the pie:
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/caramel-pecan-apple-pie/

What diet???????

jastwins

Trader Group
@XUfan, we are having my sister's surprise party tomorrow and I hope not to over do it in the eating department. I did not order the food and am responsible for bringing drinks, so I am not sure what the choices will be. Hopefully, I will not overdo it.

AS for dinner tonight, I will probably make something with chicken. I have enough veggies choices for a side.

Jorainna

Finder of Lost "Blinkies"
Staff member
Trader Group
Oooh, @XUfan the pie sounds wonderful! *sigh* Thankfully, I have desire to get in the kitchen and make it ... so I will not be tempted ... LOL!

I didn't have time to do to much last night in the way of cooking. Son #2 did fast food. Hubby had left over cabbage noodle casserole. I had to eat much later, so just did a boil-n-bag brown rice and threw in some veggies.

jastwins

Trader Group
Sorry to hear that your brother in law is in the hospital. Prayers being said for him and your family.

We had pasta tonight. I used my sauce that I had frozen and heated it up to serve over Barilla rigatoni. At least it made more room in my freezer. Over the next few weeks, I need to cook what is in there and make good use of it.

Fillies Fan

International Man of Mystery!
Trader Group
Two days ago, I had one hard boiled egg.

Yesterday, I managed one such egg and a small chocolate bar.

That is not the result of bankruptcy but rather a very bad stomach virus. One one hand, I am very much hoping it will go away today. On the other hand, I lost 3 pounds in these two days so maybe it is better if it continues for a week or two.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Hope you get to feeling better soon @Fillies Fan!

The viruses going around this year seem to be pretty virulent strains. Finally saw an article from December on the bad respiratory infection I got Thanksgiving Day. Until then I couldn't quite figure out what it was. I didn't actually have a lot of flu symptoms, but it was probably the worst cold I've ever battled. Apparently, I'm not the only one this year. Sounds like what you've got isn't the same, however.