Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

We made taquitos by doctoring a can of BBQ chicken with onions, garlic and black-eyed peas we cooked from scratch. Rolled up the filling in whole wheat tortillas, sprayed them with olive oil and baked them until they were crispy.

We doctored a box of cheesy quinoa side dish with some chopped green pepper to go along with it.

Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  2. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

d2 and d3 made rice, chicken and broccoli and I had some too along with D1.. D3 ate roasted eggplant. We then made baked breaded eggplant, plain for d3 and parmagiana version for Crankie. He made a hero with his version of eggplant.

Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  3. Gardencook

Tonight we're going with beer battered cod, oven fries and roasted asparagus.

Plan to make some lemon bars from a box later on as a late dessert.

Jorainna likes this.
  4. jastwins

Last night I made Veggie fried rice and used reheated leftovers to have with it. D2 made chicken and Cooked way too much rice on Saturday so this was a good way to reuse it.
    Tonight may be pork cutlets.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  5. jastwins

I did fry pork cutlets and made knorrs rice and baked asparagus. I have some leftovers for tomorrow.

6. Gardencook

We baked some "meatballs" made from veggie ground "meat." Served them over whole wheat spaghetti with a jar of store bought spaghetti sauce we doctored with fresh veggies and topped with Parmesan cheese.

We changed our mind on dessert last night. Instead of the lemon bars we made pear crisp. We've still got enough of that leftover for dessert tonight.

7. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Last night Hubby grilled bone-in chicken breasts for himself, and a piece of salmon for me. We reheated the potatoes and carrots from Saturday's dinner to go with them.

Tonight, I'm taking our leftover spaghetti, and layering it with cheese, and then baking it in casserole dishes.

Jorainna, Gardencook and jastwins like this.
  8. flowerkitty

flowerkitty Super Swapper Trader Group

Last night we had spaghetti with meatballs, green beans and French garlic bread. We used the last spaghetti squash in the basement from last fall.The meatballs were frozen . I had a few big cranberry & cheese stuffed ones and a small bag of smaller meatballs. I used jarred sauce (thank goodness for those Ibotta rebates for sauce in the past - it is coming in handy during this time).

I think we will have taco Tuesday tonite.
    I found my cooked & seasoned taco meat in the freezer...plus we will have cabbage instead of lettuce. I have cheese, little tomatoes and sauce.
    Now, I am off to plant lettuce & spinach in my raised planter boxes.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Jorainna, jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  9. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

baked ham and stuffed baked potatoes

10. jastwins

D1 gave me a recipe for balsamic chicken with zucchini and tomatoes. We were both underwhelmed with this recipe. Totally edible but just plain. Really could have used more spices.

11. Gardencook

We had tacos late this afternoon so are just grabbing a late snack of quesadillas tonight.

Jorainna likes this.
  12. Gardencook

Beer Battered Cod, Oven Fries and Roasted Asparagus

We baked the boxed lemon bars which were supposed to be dessert the other night. They will be dessert tonight.

Jorainna likes this.
  13. XUfan

Yesterday was Hubby's birthday. I made homemade pizza for dinner. I used a frozen crust dough that I had on hand. I cut in in half and made us each a nice-sized pizza. Since he got home late, neither of us really wanted to eat a whole pizza, so we each ate half, leaving the other half for another night.

Tonight I think I'll make pork chops for him, and tilapia for me. Sides will be mashed potatoes and whatever vegetable I pull from the freezer.

Jorainna, jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  14. Gardencook

Tonight we made Gyros from scratch and oven fries.

We used a pound of ground lamb from the freezer for the gyros, we had Feta Cheese and pita pockets on hand and FINALLY got some sour cream so used that for tzatziki along with a lot of fresh produce. DH got some cucumbers on markdown along with some tomatoes, lettuce etc., but I was afraid the produce was going to go bad before we could get the tzatziki made.

Jorainna and pretty woman like this.
  15. jastwins

Tonight I was running errands off island and my dinner was from Wendy’s.

16. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Probably some kind of stir fry

17. Gardencook

Fought with the computer all day yesterday AGAIN. DH has been on the phone for literally HOURS this week over the latest updates which just compounded the problems caused by the defective February and March Cumulative updates. :mad: Each time he calls, the wait time is longer and longer, so I'm obviously not the only one having problems. Last couple calls the wait time to talk to a technician has been 90 minutes!

Thought we'd take the easy route last night, since DH had a couple errands to run. We had three $2 Subway rewards about to expire and I had a coupon for $5.99 on any Foot Long. Technically, it should have been a nearly free sandwich.

I figured we might as well get the $8.99 beef and cheese since it was included, rather than a chicken sandwich which was a little more than $6.

Unfortunately, the gal didn't know what she was doing, so DH came back home with the coupon which the gal told us we could use until Sunday since she didn't know how to input it. That meant she took the full $8.99 price for the sandwich off of our gift card and she threw in chips and a drink -- which we didn't want -- for "free." That wasn't really "a deal" AT ALL. :(

Tonight we're making Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas, since we have some leftover ingredients from other Mexican meals which need to be used.

jastwins and Jorainna like this.
  18. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

For two days early last week and then again tonight with leftovers for tomorrow, we sauteed asparagus, mashed potatoes with sauteed chicken tenderloins and rolls. Hubby just had the chicken with a sauteed mixture of onions and peppers.

My birthday was the 31st and my son baked brownies for me. They have been dessert for him and me several nights.

jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  19. XUfan

Friday night Hubby cooked a couple of country ribs on the grill, along with 2 pieces of fish. I made a Knorr noodle side and cooked some frozen green beans with a sliced onion to go with them. We have enough of the meat and fish for another meal.

Saturday night, we ate the second half of the homemade pizza I cooked on Wed.

jastwins and Jorainna like this.
  20. Cathy

Cathy Happy Birthday Cathy!!

homemade bean soup and cornbread & carrots

Gardencook and Jorainna like this.
Moderators: KimShaw