Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

We're planning beer battered cod with potato soup for dinner tonight. We'll have some sort of veggie with it, but haven't decided which it will be yet.

@XUfan, Kroger just started a Private Selection digital coupon promotion which includes a variety of items with the Private Selection label -- including a $1/1 pizza coupon.

It would be a good chance to try the Mediterranean Vegetable pizza if you wanted -- or the Five Cheese and Marmalade.

They also have a Buffalo Mozzarella and Arugula Pizza and a Goat Cheese and Marinated Italian Vegetable one. Our store doesn't sell either of them, but yours might.

The five times natural event is still going, so you can still get up to five Simple Truth pizzas in one shopping trip with that $1/1 coupon, but the Private Selection coupon isn't a five times coupon. As I mentioned before, the Simple Truth pizzas are tasty, but quite a bit smaller than Private Selection.

jastwins likes this.
  2. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Gardencook, thanks for the Kroger info. I'll check that out.

Last night, Hubby worked late, so I ate leftovers. I wasn't feeling up to cooking, so I was glad we had some things in the fridge that I could put together for a meal. When he got home, he dug around and found enough to make a meal for himself too.

Tonight we'll have chicken, tuna patties, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable that I'll pick out when I make a trip to the garage freezer.

Gardencook likes this.
  3. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have Sweet and Sour Chicken, Coconut Curry Stir-Fry and a rice medley I'm trying to use up so I can re-use the plastic jar it came in -- it is almost empty.

jastwins likes this.
  4. Gardencook

We stuck onions in the Crock-Pot last night to caramelize.

This morning we added a beef roast with slivered garlic, potatoes, carrots and celery. We covered that with a mix of cream of mushroom soup and a little cooking sherry. Topped it with a few bay leaves and dinner was ready when we wanted it later in the day.

Made garlic bread from part of the organic artisan baguette we got free yesterday to go along with it.

jastwins likes this.
  5. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

Last night I broiled shell steaks and we had Seabrook creamed spinach as a side along With corn. Crankie also bought spinach salad , a cucumber and red onion and we made a spinach salad with oil and balsamic vinegar. It was very tasty.

Gardencook likes this.
  6. Gardencook

We had leftover roast and garlic bread tonight. However, the remaining veggies kind of melted into the meat, so we opened a can of green beans to go alongside so we felt like we were eating more than meat and bread. :p

We'll have yogurt for dessert, but do have a peach cobbler that will probably be a "snack" later on.

jastwins and Cathy like this.
  7. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Spaghetti Squash.

We'll probably make some garlic bread to go along with it. I'd prefer to have a nice pile of greens with it, but we haven't gotten to the store for the big produce purchase yet and we can't make a small purchase without messing up our coupon. :(

jastwins likes this.
  8. jastwins

I am cooking a pork roast in the oven. It was in my freezer for one year and since it was well wrapped there was no freezer burn. I plan on making a few meals out of it. Some roast pork fried rice, pulled pork and sliced pork with gravy are a couple of meals I will make from this roast .

Cathy and Gardencook like this.
  9. Gardencook

We're planning battered cod, potato salad, coleslaw and jalapeño corn muffins tonight.

jastwins likes this.
  10. XUfan

Monday we had pork chops and tilapia. I saw that we had a bunch of mushrooms in the fridge, so I sliced them super thin, and sauteed them with some thinly sliced onions. I added garlic, oregano, and basil, as well as some salt and pepper. As I was cooking them, I was also cooking rice. When the rice was done, I tossed it all together. It's a very yummy side dish!

Tuesday we had our weekly family dinner with my son's family. This week, instead of cooking, I ordered pizza. I also served a variety of fresh veggies and dip, and made brownie bites for dessert.

Tonight...I have no idea!!

Gardencook, Cathy and jastwins like this.
  11. Gardencook

Beef Barley Soup and Garlic Bread

Cathy and jastwins like this.
  12. Gardencook

We had an unexpected phone call at dinner time. We had planned Asian tonight, but instead will have leftover Beef Barley Soup and Garlic Bread again.

Always handy to have leftovers on hand! ;)

jastwins likes this.
  13. XUfan

I know I've mentioned Hubby's odd schedule...10 days on, and 4 days off. Well, yesterday was Day 10, and he was more than ready for those 4 days off! So, we planned to meet up with his brother and his wife for dinner and drinks. As with most plans, that didn't work out. He had to work later than he thought, and wasn't going to get home until after 7.

So, he stopped at a store on the way home, and got some fresh baked bread, some cheeses, and some meats...and we stayed in and had cocktails!

Cathy, jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  14. Gardencook

We were tired after a full day today, so heated up Lamb Saag T.V. dinners.

We had yogurt for dessert.

15. jastwins

We went off island to Sag Harbor and tried a tavern that I have passed many times but never had eaten there. It is a block away from a bank branch I worked at.

Crankie has Calamari in buffalo sauce and I had a small salad. We each had a house burger that came with onions , mushrooms , fries and Crankie had Swiss Cheese on his burger.
    It was all very good and we are both stuffed.

16. Gardencook

We went to an International Culture Night at the university tonight so enjoyed a delicious international buffet. Let's see if I can remember what we had:

Nigerian Jollof Rice
    African Fried Chicken
    African Peanut Soup
    Pilau Rice
    Chicken Curry
    Chana Masala
    Irish Stew
    Baked Potato with Irish Butter

17. Gardencook

Frozen Chicken Parmesan Pizza with a Salad on the side tonight.

Waldorf Salad for dessert

jastwins likes this.
  18. Gardencook

Beer Battered Cod, Oven Fries and Coleslaw

19. jastwins

Tunafish sandwich and some carrots

Gardencook likes this.
  20. Gardencook

Honey Sesame Chicken, Ginger Garlic Stir Fry, Brown Rice and Chicken Spring Rolls.

We're trying something new tonight. Had a good Lean Cuisine coupon the other day and really didn't need frozen meals. I've noticed the past several months, the traditional frozen Asian spring rolls have gotten outrageously priced, so I couldn't resist trying the Lean Cuisine ones when they were only $1.27 after sale and coupon.

Jorainna likes this.
Moderators: KimShaw