Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Discussion in 'Foodies Unite - Discussion & Requests' started by 3timesoccermom, Feb 22, 2010.

Moderators: KimShaw
  1. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

Turkey breast, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed vegetables and cranberry sauce.

A little early I know, but it is just the two of us for Thanksgiving this year and I'm thinking we may have beef roast that day instead. We'll see, because I generally don't tire of turkey too easily. ;)

Sherri1480 and Jorainna like this.
  2. jastwins

jastwins ※Kaboom!・:・:・゜ Trader Group

I had Progresso Macaroni and bean soup and a small pizza.

3. Gardencook

We had a B1G1 milkshake coupon about to expire so went with $1 burgers and fries with another coupon along with it.

Sherri1480, Jorainna and jastwins like this.
  4. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

Last night was a "snacks and drinks" night at our house. I had wine, and he had beer. We bought a loaf of fresh bread at a shop up the road, and had various cheeses, meats, and olives with it.

Not sure what tonight's dinner will be. I'd love to go out somewhere, but I hate the Saturday crowds!

5. XUfan

Last night we had Chinese takeout. We got things that we could share, so we split our dinners.

Today we're supposed to meet up with some family members at the local bowling alley, but dinner will be after that. And I have no idea what we'll be eating!

6. Gardencook

Last night we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes done in the oven with the loaf, green beans and whole wheat rolls.

There's plenty of leftover meatloaf, so we'll probably have virtually the same thing tonight.

7. Gardencook

Well, we had a change of plans. DH wanted to go for an afternoon drive, however, it is winter and little is open in small towns in our region on Sunday.

He finally decided he'd like to drive to a local hot springs. Since it is a resort town we hoped a bit more would be open. That was a good decision, not only were were there several places open, the little gem restaurant we discovered this summer was!

Not the fanciest place in the world, but in the town's rustic way the place is trying to do "gourmet." Where else can you get an organic beef patty melt on whole wheat with your choice of cheese, and a salad with homemade dressing in place of fries for $8.99? Certainly not anywhere we can eat here in town. :)

8. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

We had an early Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday for just hubby, our younger son and myself as the younger son will be gone with his girl friend for the week. Baked a small turkey, made dumplings, deviled eggs, yellow squash, green beans, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. Still dining on the leftovers ... lol!

9. jastwins

D3 came home with me Sunday night. It seems she is done with the fire drills in her dorm. Last week was an actual fire on the second floor (she is on the third floor). Everyone was safe, thank God. She keeps a scorecard of how many fire drills they have had since August and it is now over 20! D3 would like a peaceful night's sleep and I picked her up after visiting my dad in rehab. Dad is doing better every day.
    Last night I made a vegetable fried rice for d3 who is a vegetarian. She loved it but I just think she is starving LOL !!! I also placed a small pork roast in the crock pot with some onions, garlic and root beer (also can use Dr. Pepper soda). It came out great and after I shredded the meat, I used some juices and onions and put some sweet baby rays bbq sauce on it. This is for D1 who is getting a ride home from college. I have to pick up D2 today in Massachusetts and am taking a half day from school.

Sherri1480, Cathy and Jorainna like this.
  10. Gardencook

Dinner last night was the leftover meatloaf we had originally planned for Sunday night.

Are you sure those evacuations from your daughter's dorm are all actually fire "drills" @jastwins?

When I was in college the frats made sport of keeping our dorm from getting any sleep at night. For a while we were forced to evacuate the building at least once a night. We got virtually no sleep one finals week -- winter with snow on the ground. :mad:

I had a roommate who insisted frat boys would never do that, but on several different occasions some of us were in various parts of the building when we saw the culprits run into the building wearing t-shirts with Greek letters and pull the alarms. ;)

Sherri1480, jastwins and Jorainna like this.
  11. Gardencook

Tonight we'll have hot turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce and some sort of frozen veggie which will probably end up being broccoli. We've got too many carbs to anyway with bread, stuffing AND potatoes, so corn would be a bit much. :p

We've got leftovers to use since we went ahead and bought a nice cross rib roast for Thursday. Today was the last day of the sale and they were such nice looking roasts I just couldn't resist.

12. jastwins

Dinner for me and d2 was from Chick Fil A

13. XUfan

Last night, my son, his wife, and his youngest daughter came over for dinner. We have them over every Tues. It's nice to catch up with everyone, since we all seem to have such busy schedules.

Dinner was oven fried chicken, black beans and rice, and a salad. Emery and I made sugar cookies for dessert....but they weren't our best! :oops:

Sherri1480, Jorainna, Cathy and 2 others like this.
  14. Gardencook

We needed to run a couple errands this afternoon, so we dropped by Carl's Jr. for dinner.

Used a coupon for fried zucchini, but the coupons in the mailer last month weren't as good as usual. We opted for the $2.99 double burger offer instead. It didn't require a coupon.

I ordered an Avocado Burger and DH ordered a regular double cheeseburger, however, I guess we're used to ordering B1G1 deals where we eat exactly the same thing. By the time the burgers arrived, we'd forgotten we ordered different burgers and each just grabbed one. As we were finishing our burgers it finally dawned on us that DH got my avocado and I got his basic cheeseburger. :p

Guess it is a good thing neither of us are really picky eaters!

15. XUfan

It's Thanksgiving!

So, Hubby is grilling a filet mignon and a big piece of salmon for us. I'll make some mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, and a French Silk pie for dessert. It's just the two of us again this year.

16. Gardencook

We're keeping it simple this year since it is also just two of us.

Got a nice cross rib roast which will go in the oven with the usual veggies -- potatoes, onion, celery and carrots.

Whole wheat rolls on the side

And I bought a pumpkin pie yesterday at Walmart -- just because it wouldn't seem like Thanksgiving without one. :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

17. jastwins

We had a nice day and the Thanksgiving meal went well. We order a turkey and they cook it for us. This is more expensive but worth it and is a timesaver. I cooked all my sides this morning. I made a vegetarian stuffing since the stuffing I ordered was sausage cranberry. I baked butternut squash, fried some sweet potatoes, made Ina Garten mashed potatoes, heated up some corn, heated up a can of Princella yams.
    My guests helped carve our turkey and I was grateful. Our dessert included 5 pies, cool whip & a fruit salad. I am exhausted and stuffed.

Sherri1480, Jorainna and Gardencook like this.
  18. Gardencook

Frozen pizza tonight.

The three day deal was too good to pass on this weekend and you can't even tell DH shoveled before we left for the stores a couple hours ago so it is a good weekend to stay cozy indoors.

Thankfully, the "Cyclone Bomb" that hit surrounding areas so hard missed us, but we still don't like to see snow when it arrives.

19. XUfan

Last night, we had salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes, and gravy. I used a veggie burger for mine, but I made his from scratch.

Tonight we are having the leftovers from the night we made quesadillas.

20. jastwins

Last night, we feasted on Thanksgiving day leftovers. D2 was not happy since she had this for lunch. OH WELL! At least she is going back to school Sunday and I can't wait to get on that ferry!!!! LOL
    Tonight may be chicken cutlets or chicken francese. I cannot decide. D1 has to leave early for school since her town in upstate NY is supposed to get a foot of snow Sunday and Monday.

Moderators: KimShaw