Viral Thread Alert Join the FUN...What's for Dinner Today??

Gardencook

Trader Group
Sunday we got busy and so dinner was simply refried beans and tortilla chips for dinner.

Yesterday, we went shopping out of town. We had a Buy one, get one 50 percent off dinner coupon when we bought two beverages at a favorite diner. I had roast beef, mashed potatoes, cauliflower/broccoli medley and garlic toast. DH had chicken, fries, corn on the cob and a biscuit.

Tonight, we've got a start on Crock-pot turkey and corn chili with lots of veggies. We got a markdown on Hatch Pepper Cornbread yesterday and that will go along with it.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Last night, after my dental appointment, I had Wendy's and got the grilled chicken wrap, chicken nuggets, fries and a drink for $4.44 plus tax. It was right near where I wanted to go shopping and had the shortest line at the drive thru.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
On Saturday, I traveled to NJ, picking up my parents along the way, to celebrate Mom's 83rd birthday at my sister's home. She served filet mignon (grilled), salad, corn casserole, butternut squash, and penne ala vodka. My sister ordered half a tray of chicken marsala and my mom made 2 zuchinni quiches. It was all delicious and I had leftovers for dinner last night. Could not have asked for a better weekend.

Gardencook

Trader Group
I actually like the Teriyaki Chicken Burger, as well, @jastwins. However, the Tavern Burger is a little smaller so when they offer a free one I usually take it and let DH have our favorite. DH is still kind of hungry after the Tavern (two smaller beef patties) and the Teriyaki Chicken is really bigger than I need -- not that I need all the BBQ sauce and cheese on the Smoky Jack. :p

You can't go too wrong with Red Robin period -- although I still miss Ruby Tuesday that deserted us several years ago now. Should give Five Guys a try one of these days, I guess, but we've never really been interested.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Tonight we had Quorn patties with Panda Express Orange Sauce, Coconut Curry Stir-fry and Brown Rice.

DH wanted to use up the remaining coleslaw so we also had that even though it had nothing to do with the rest of the meal. :rolleyes:

busyasabeecrg

°ʅ︵ʃ° Member of the (°‿°) Month 11/2010 - (▬) -
Trader Group
Once a year I'm invited to lunch at P.F. Chang's with a group (this year 7 of us) and it was yesterday. The host encourages us to order as much as we want from the menu and if he thinks we don't have plenty to take home, he orders extra items for us! So this is what I ordered for my lunch:
Beverage:
Home-Made Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic)!!(2)
Appetizers:
Changs Northern Style BBQ Spare Ribs (1)
Lobster Avocado Roll (1)
Entree:
Oolong Chilean Sea Bass (1)

Brown Rice
Dessert:
Vietnamese Chocolate Lava Cake with a scoop of Coconut Ice Cream

This was already most generous and I absolutely loved every bite of it and knew I wouldn't be hungry for dinner.
When it was over the waiter brought me three bags of take out food the host ordered for me.

Appetizers:
Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps (1)
Lobster Avocado Roll (1)
Handmade Shrimp Dumplings Pan Fried (4)
Handmade Pork Dumpling Pan Fried (4)
Entrees:
Oolong Chilean Sea Bass (1)
Walnut Shrimp with Melon
Tokyo Udon Chicken
Dessert:
New York-Style Cheesecake
Banana Spring Rolls

Since I only weighed 2 oz. more this morning and had expected the scale to register a 1 lb. gain LOL tonight I helped myself to small portions of the take home food...and there's plenty left for dinner tomorrow.
Did anyone get their free National Dumpling Day freebie of 4 dumplings at P.F. Chang's yesterday? I had never tried them, but they are good.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Sounds like you've got enough food to eat for a week @busyasabeecrg !

We like P.F. Chang's -- especially since they've got the option of brown rice instead of white :). Unfortunately, we don't have one close and parking is a REAL pain in both the downtown Boise and downtown Salt Lake City locations.

We've braved the parking in Boise, but if we want to mess with parking in SLC we usually end up at Tucanos Brazilian Grill -- which is right by Chang's.

We LOVE the salad bar at Tucanos, but honestly, who wants to eat for at least 24 hours after a Brazilian Grill? Because of that, we've never gotten to the SLC Chang's location.

Our favorite Chang's was in Omaha where it was a freestanding building with its own parking lot.

Since we haven't been to Chang's in a while, they recently sent me a B1G1 entree coupon which I'm hoping to use the next time we travel. I had hoped to use it the last time we were in Boise, but DH found a parking spot right outside Bonefish Grill and we had a gift card so he was determined to eat there. :p

Last edited: