Recipes - Super Simple Impossibly Easy Sloppy Joe Pie

bugface711

Mod of the Month 12/2010 Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Quǝǝn
Trader Group
All the credit to Betty Crocker.com's recipe's. I just got 4 or 5 new "easy" recipe's in my inbox. Looks so easy, had to share this one. Great way to use up stockpile bisquick & hamburger.

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 3 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 cup baking mix (bisquick)
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Additional kethup, if desired

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
  2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, salt, pepper, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons ketchup. Spread in pie plate.
  3. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
  4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top each serving with additional ketchup.

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
We have made this before. It is actually pretty tasty and something my kids will eat with no fuss.

You can also make it with Manwich instead of the ketchup sauce or mix some tomato sauce and BBQ sauce into the cooked hamburger. Also works good with ground turkey.

everprincess

(\(\ Energizer Bunny - ( =':') She Keeps Going!
Trader Group
Thanks for posting this. I have two boxes of Bisquik sitting around since we have been trying to eat up the Eggos in the freezer. Sometimes I need to think out of the box LOL.