I need appetizers, dips, munchies.....(Update in post #24)

H

hopeky94

Re: I need appetizers, dips, munchies.....

One suggestion for the cream cheese and pepper jelly suggestion:

Cut the rectangular block of cream cheese in half diagonally. Flip one of the halves over, then turn and line up the two long, uncut sides back to back, making a triangle-- aka a Christmas tree! :)

I do two of these and pour green pepper jelly on one and red pepper jelly on the other. The green pepper jelly is very mild; most people seem to like the red one better, because of the more distinct taste combination. So this year, I'm planning to make 2 red and 1 green (or maybe just the red, dunno yet)... Oh, and I serve them with whatever crackers I can get the best deals on (usually generic wheat thins and club crackers)!

My coworkers are always impressed when I bring these in, even though I tell them how super-simple they are! LOL

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group

Wow!!! I'm going to have a hard time trying to decide what to serve!!!

Thank you all soooooo much!

BTW...I'm repping everyone who posts here, but I can't rep anymore today. I left off at post #18...so I'll get to the rest of you when I'm allowed!!

E

extechy

I just thought of something I made many years ago. This is much like Rice Krispie treats. Instead of rice cereal, use corn flakes. After melting the marshmallows, add in a 4-5 drops of green food coloring. Mix in corn flake. Mold into the shape of a Christmas wreath while the treats are still warm. Press several red hot candies into your wreaths (holly berries) and chill.

My kids loved these. I'm going to make them this year.

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
I really want to thank everyone for the great ideas. I'll be going over them, and writing down the recipes.

I've come to the realization that I need to compare the recipes with what I have either free coupons or WTs for, so that I can do this for as little money as possible. I think it can be done...I just can't make everything!

C

Cynthiabutterfly

We are having an appetizer potluck for our Christmas drawing at work, and this thread has given me some great ideas!