I need a recipe to use this cheap meat!

C

cbms

I found some top sirloin thin cut steaks last night for half price... and now I need some yummy way to prepare it. I have a grill, but I think they're too thin for that. I also have cast iron or a broil pan, a crock pot, and a pressure cooker.

Any suggestions for a tried, yummy recipe??

L

ladywaterwind

I made a pretty yummy steak alfredo the other day, and my somewhat picky 4 year old ate it up.

Alfredo Sauce:
1/4 cup butter, melt
Add 1cup whipping cream to melted butter
Let simmer 5 minutes
Add 1 clove minced garlic
Add to your familys preference salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley flakes. We like a good deal of pepper and parlsey, and a dash of salt and paprika
Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheese; sprinkle some on to the sauce and stir it in until it gets as creamy as you'd prefer

I made the sauce on a nonstick skillet and transfered to a small pot on low heat to keep warm while I cooked the steak. Just added some olive oil to the pan to get warm, then some sliced white onion and garlic, then added the steak seasoned with some salt, pepper, and italian herbs.

What I liked best was I started the water for the pasta and the sauce all at the same time and it all came together at the same time at the end. Plus, it was soooo yummy.

Also, if you wanted to, it's super easy to sautee some mushrooms before you start the sauce and just start the sauce in with the mushrooms when they're done.

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
They sound perfect for chicken fried steak or beef parmesan. If you need more answers you might try asking in the "What's for Dinner thread" - it gets tons of views and sometimes helpful answers.

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
Not sure if you still need recipes...I belong to a recipe website...and these recipes are coming from homemakers around the world.

Grilled Steak Bruschetta

1 boneless beef top sirloin or 4 tenderloin steaks (approximately 1-1/4 lbs.)
4 crusty rolls (6-inch long), split
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
2 cups thinly sliced spinach leaves, lightly packed
1 large tomato, chopped
1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, lightly packed
1/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh basil sprigs (optional)

Press dressing mix into both sides of beef steak. Place steak on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered 16-20 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine spinach, tomato and sliced basil toss lightly.Lightly brush cut sides of rolls with prepared dressing. Place rolls (cut sides down) on grid over mediume ash-covered coals grill, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Turn rolls, sprinkle with cheese. Grill an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt. Remove. Place spinach mixture on each roll half. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices arrange over spinach mixture. Garnish with basil sprigs if desired.

SIZZLING STEAKS AND SALSA

1 pound Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak -- Cut 3/4-inch Thick
3/4 cup Chopped And Seeded Tomatoes
1/2 cup Salsa
2 medium Green Onions With Tops -- Chopped
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese -- Finely
Cilantro Sprigs

Combine the tomatoes, salsa, onions and cumin and set aside. Trim the exterior fat and cut the boneless beef top sirloin steak into 4 serving sized pieces. Place each on a flat surface, cover with waxed paper and flatten with the bottom of a heavy saucepan, mallet, or cleaver to 1/4-inch thick. Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Quickly pan broil the steaks for 1 minute. Turn the steaks and top each with an equal amount of cheese. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, DO NOT overcook. Serve the steaks over the reserved salsa. Garnish with cilantro.

Beef-Sesame Stir Fry

2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb boneless beef sirloin or inside round steaks, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
2 green peppers, cut into thin wedges
1 can (10 oz) Campbell's Condensed Beef Broth
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)

In large frypan or wok, heat oil and stir fry beef strips until cooked through. Add and sauté garlic and onion. Add pepper wedges; stir fry until tender crisp. Drain excess fat. Combine condensed soup, cornstarch, sesame seeds, Soy sauce and chili pepper flakes. Stir into mixture in frypan. Bring mixture to boil then simmer 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Serve mixture over noodles or rice. Makes 4 servings

Sirloin Tips

2 1/2 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cubed
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2/3 cup beef broth
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 lb egg noodles, cooked and buttered

Brown the meat in butter and oil in a lg skillet. Place in a 2qt baking dish. In the skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes. Pour all over meat. Cover and bake at 325* for 1-1/2 hour or until tender. In skillet, mix broth, vinegar, and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Mix mustard, cornstarch and cream;,stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Drain juices that have accumulated around the beef into broth mixture. Cook on med heat, stirring, until bubbly. Add the meat, mix well.

In Your Face Philly Cheese Steak

4 baguettes, 6 to 8 inches
8 tablespoons butter
2 cups yellow onions, thinly sliced
1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 slices pepper Jack cheese
12 tablespoons pizza sauce, warmed
4 to 6 tablespoons frozen or canned New Mexico green chiles, diced
4 to 6 tablespoons roasted red peppers

Slice rolls in half and spread 2 tablespoons butter on each roll. Heat a grill or large saute pan on medium-high. When hot, spray pan liberally with canola-oil cooking spray. Add onions. Place steak on top of onions. Season with salt and pepper. Use two spatulas to gently break the layered onions and steaks into 1- to 2-inch chunks. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until meat is medium rare to medium. Use spatulas to divide mixture into 4 equal amounts. Place 2 cheese slices over each of the 4 pieces. While cheese melts, heat a second grill or pan on high. Place rolls butter side down and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly browned. Scoop up steak mixtures and place in rolls. Top each with 3 tablespoons pizza sauce. Next, divide chiles and peppers evenly and place on sandwiches. Makes 4 servings.

Orange Beef Lettuce Wraps

1 1/2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
1 T cornstarch
2 T oil
3/8 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 c green onions, thinly sliced
8 oz water chestnuts, drained and diced
2 heads green leaf lettuce

Cut steak into 1/8" thick strips and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 T cornstarch and toss to coat the beef with the starch. Set aside. Wash lettuce and separate into individual leaves. Set aside.

Orange Sauce:

3 T frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
3 T hoisin sauce
3 T rice vinegar
3 T soy sauce
1 T cornstarch

Combine orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce and 1 T cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside. Heat oil in a large wok or skillet. Add red pepper flakes. Add half of the beef and stir fry until brown on all sides, about 1-2 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove from wok and set aside. Stir fry remaining half of beef. Return first half of beef to wok and add orange sauce, green onions and water chestnuts. Cook until sauce is thick and bubbly.

Garnish:

shredded carrots
diced cucumbers
salted peanuts
peanut sauce (opt)

To Serve immediately: Place a small amount of beef mixture on a lettuce leaf. Top with garnishes of choice. Fold sides in and enjoy.
To Freeze: Remove from heat and allow to cool. Freeze in a large ziploc bag.
To serve: Thaw in fridge. Reheat in a skillet on low until just warmed through - DO NOT OVERCOOK or the meat will be tough. Place a small amount of mixture on a lettuce leaf, add garnishes of choice, roll up and eat! This works equally well as an appetizer or main dish. Good with chicken as well.

TEXAS ROADHOUSE ROCKIN' FAJITAS

Your choice of meat - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 4 sirloin steaks, or a combination of both.

Marinade

1 bottle Italian dressing
1 C. olive oil
1 T. minced garlic
2-3 rosemary and basil sprigs
2 limes, quartered
2 lemons, quartered
1 orange, quartered

Pico de Gallo

2-3 whole tomatoes, diced
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro

Vegetables

3 T. olive oil
Red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin strips
Pinch of fresh garlic

Marinade:

Add meat, using separate containers if combining chicken and steak. Marinate overnight or for at least several hours.

Pico De Gallo:

Best, if prepared several hours before adding to Fajitas. Mix Pico de Gallo ingredients, then squeeze a lime over mixture. Add a pinch of garlic salt and granulated garlic and stir. After meat has marinated for several hours, remove and grill until medium-well (the meat will finish cooking when added to the vegetables).

Vegetables:

Heat olive oil In a separate pan, cook vegetables and fresh garlic until just tender. Add meat and toss until meat and vegetables are done. Add this mixture to a warmed tortilla, top with Pico de Gallo and sour cream or cheese, if desired.

J

Jessimucha88

Our family loves this recipe...

Peppered Steak

1 1/2 lb boneless sirloin steak
2 tbsp vegetable oil (we use canola oil or olive oil)
3 medium green peppers ; cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 tsp garlic powder
1 can Campbell's Beef Gravy
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Serve with 6 cups hot cooked rice

Slice sirloin steak into very thin strips

Heat half the oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef in 2 batches and cook until browned, stirring often. Set beef aside

Reduce heat to medium add remaining oil. Add peppers, onions, and garlic powder and cook until tender crisp pour off fat... (i normally cook the peppers and onions in butter instead of oil - makes it taste better. Use just enough not to burn the onions and peppers)

Add gravy and Worcestershire heat to a boil. Return beef to pan and heat through serve over rice.

TIP: It makes slicing easier, if you freeze steak 1 hour before slicing.

This recipe is very delicious and very quick (especially if you've got a hectic, afternoon already)

KmmCo

Trader Group
I do teriyaki stirfry a lot. Just cut the meat into strips or pieces and marinate in teriyaki sauce for at least an hour (you can add a little garlic powder or ginger if you like the taste). Stir fry the meat (in a little oil) until browned on the outside then add veggies pieces (frozen or fresh). Put in more teriyaki sauce as you see fit. If the sauce is too thin for your liking, then you can mix a little cornstarch with water and stir it into the pan to thicken the sauce (just a little goes a long way). Serve over cooked rice or add cooked spaghetti noodles to the pan at the end for a "lo mein" dish. Easy one or two pot meal that takes about twenty minutes to prepare.