I Fixed my "ruined" Frozen Cream Cheese!

C

clippyclippy

I was dismayed to find that my little stockpile of cream cheese that sits in the bottom drawer of my fridge had FROZEN :sad3:
That usually means ruin...

I figured it couldn't hurt to experiment. So I took a pack, warmed it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stuck it in my Ninja blender. It came out all smooth and creamy, and nicely spreadable.
I put it in the fridge, and when I checked it later on, it had hardened to cream cheese consistency - perfect!

So I "fixed" all the packs and changed the setting on my fridge that had everything freezing down there!
No loss after all :smile7:

bugface711

Mod of the Month 12/2010 Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Quǝǝn
Trader Group
That is good to know. I sometimes freeze it on purpose, but only use it in hot dips after that b/c the consistency is wonky until heated. Never thought to whip & refrigerate after said heating!! Thanks!

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Well I didn't know that - I figured it would be grainy! But it makes sense I guess since you're beating it up.
Good to know. :biggrin:

Yes you can use cream cheese that has been frozen quite well in any dish that either cooks it or whips it. I sometimes add a splash of milk if it seems dried out a bit.

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
I need a easy cheese cake recipe

Here are several from the community...

Peanut Chocolate Chip Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=300094]MsSweetCheeks[/MENTION]

Fluffy Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=215617]judy27[/MENTION]

The Ultimate Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=300094]MsSweetCheeks[/MENTION]

Triple Chip Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=215617]judy27[/MENTION]

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=207859]3timesoccermom[/MENTION]

Mexican Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=139204]434Teresa[/MENTION]

Mini Cheesecake Recipe - posted by [MENTION=7116]cuzzy13[/MENTION]

Deluxe Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=218]flash[/MENTION]

Easy Lemon Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=218]flash[/MENTION]

Pumpkin Cheesecake - posted by ME :biggrin:

Raspberry Pear Cheesecake - posted by [MENTION=218]flash[/MENTION]

And I could have sworn [MENTION=9]MrsPinecone[/MENTION] had a recipe that she posted but I cannot find it...