My Wish List I am in desperate need of a few specific items!

Discussion in 'Wish Lists: What I Want' started by JustAnotherJoe, Apr 19, 2020.

Moderators: MamaVader
  1. JustAnotherJoe

JustAnotherJoe Member Trader Group

Good evening everyone,

I’ve been a trader on hot coupon world now for some years, mostly trading rebates not much more than that or buying rebates for that matter but that’s besides the point.

Most that know me and who have dealt with me on here, know I am a very fair trader, I found myself in a very tangled situation. I’m not even sure if this post belongs in this section but I believe it does and if not I’m sure the moderator will move it to the correct area.

I live in New Jersey, along with a lot of residents we are going through extreme difficulties finding some specific essential items, that are very easy to find in some states. For myself snd for my family it is much more difficult because I literally live 10 minutes away from New York City.

I am not asking anybody for handouts or anything for free, but I am desperately seeking cans of Lysol spray or bottles of Germ-x or Purell hand sanitizer. I also see that and 95 masks are still circulating, I am still working each day as I have an Essential job and I can also use those as well.

To be honest there are a lot of other things I need as well but in New Jersey right now it is virtually impossible to find cans of Lysol spray, masks or hand sanitizer anywhere More than anything else.

Normally, I would get a large can of Lysol for 5 to 6 dollars in Walmart and a big bottle of hand sanitizer for 4 to 5 dollars in Walmart. N95 masks, 1 to 2 bucks each.

I see that and a lot of other states across the United States these items are still in stock inside the stores whether it be in Walmart in Costco Sam’s club BJ’s wholesale your local grocery stores.

Anyways, long story short I am desperately seeking help if anybody can pick up these items for me I have no problem with paying for the items and also paying for the shipping to ship these items to me. They are not just for me they are also for my family who cannot obtain them.

please if anybody can offer help send me a message and let me know what you can find let me know how much it will cost me and I can work out something with you.

as always I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read this post and wish everybody the best and hope everybody stays safe.

Always
    Joe

2. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

lysol wipes
    1 cup of water
    6 tbsp of 91% alcohol
    2 tbsp of dish soap
    put in esstinal oils if you want

3. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

4. JustAnotherJoe

91% alcohol i cannot find, i cant even find 50%

5. JustAnotherJoe

6. lazy1608

lazy1608 Well-Known Member Trader Group

Harmon's has many of the items that you are looking for. I am in NJ as well and it is difficult to find Lysol spray! I can't find any either!

7. Gardencook

Gardencook Well-Known Member Trader Group

It might be a long shot, but do you have a Big Lots nearby? I don't know your zip code and don't know the geography over there, but I just checked the site using 10001 which Google gave me as a NY zip and two or three varieties of Lysol Spray, house brand antibacterial hand wipes and house brand hand sanitizers are supposedly in stock at a lot of New York City area stores including Jersey City.

Sometimes the stores that get forgotten a bit more are more likely to have things in times of shortages. At least the site lets you feed in a zip code and check stores in the region for availability. Like most retailers right now, supplies are so short that they won't ship to home on high-demand products. You've pretty much got to keep checking back until it shows up on the shelf.

Big Lots is giving a 15 percent discount to all medical, military and first responders through the end of April -- if you happen to fall into those categories.

I haven't been to our main grocery store in weeks now, but my husband hasn't seen paper products there for weeks on end, but Big Lots had a pretty good supply when we were there a few days ago.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    jastwins likes this.
  8. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

I looked at Kroger when I went in yesterday, no Lysol or any equivalents.

Gardencook likes this.
  9. JustAnotherJoe

sadly, I have never heard of Harmons perhaps it is in South Jersey or western New Jersey where I live I am literally 10 minutes from New York City. I live right next to the Holland and Lincoln Tunnel connecting the two states, my luck right?

Gardencook likes this.
  10. JustAnotherJoe

I have actually checked all the big lots close to me, and the ones that actually say they have a specific item in and when you called them on the phone they do not have it. My ZIP Code is 07093. Yes I am very close to new York city, only 10 minutes away but I am definitely not traveling into New York to pick up any items I might need I think it’s too much of a risk at this point in time. Besides they have the connection between the two states practically blocked off unless it is for essential travel. I will continue to look and hopefully somebody in another state somewhere in the Midwest might come across a good bulk load of a few things and maybe I could buy a few things off them like I said in the other post I’m not looking for handouts I’m just looking for access to it. I actually called lysol up on the phone and ask them whats the holdup on their deliveries and they said they are so far behind that they are looking at like 2 to 3 months in back orders for some stores so I don’t think that’s going to happen anytime soon although I have heard Costco has been getting the four packs in. You just have to be in there at the right moment and the right time.

jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  11. JustAnotherJoe

Kroger’s it would be very rough to find something in stock it’s just like a local supermarket around here, if they happen to get something in they might get one case of it maybe 12 cans of Lysol or 12 packs of wipes that’ll sell out basically in minutes. I do appreciate you looking though, thank you.

12. Gardencook

I was surprised to see the name Harmon's with a store over that direction. There is a nice regional grocery chain called Harmon's in the Salt Lake City area, but I was quite certain it didn't have stores that far East!

jastwins likes this.
  13. Gardencook

Because I checked Big Lots the other night, I've been getting banner ads from this company today. They claim they've got hand sanitizer in stock and claim it is ready to ship.

https://artnaturals.com/bath-body/hands/

I know it isn't the brands you were looking for, but something is better than nothing in a pinch. You might be able to get enough to get you by until the regular stuff starts showing up in stores again.

14. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

You can make these: Homemade Clorox wipes - paper towel roll cut down with center removed; 1 qt of water mixed with 4 tablespoons of Clorox or bleach ...
    [​IMG]

pretty woman and Gardencook like this.
  15. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

This one might be better detailed:
    [​IMG]

16. lazy1608

Harmon's is a health and beauty store here in NJ. It is part of Bed, Bath and Beyond. It is a sister company.

Gardencook likes this.
  17. lazy1608

Harmon's (Face Value) is either a stand alone store or they are in Bed, Bath, and Beyond stores. I am in Central NJ. I know that there is one in Westfield. There is one in Carlstadt, Edgewater, Jersey City, Paramus, Hackensack, Elizabeth etc. They are all over NJ. Harmon's is a health/beauty aids store.

jastwins and Gardencook like this.
  18. mtka

mtka Well-Known Member Trader Group

Moderators: MamaVader