How To How To Create A Hyperlink (Clickable Text With Link) In Your Posts, Signature, etc.

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by queenofthehivemomof5, Aug 5, 2016.

1. queenofthehivemomof5

queenofthehivemomof5 Admin Hottie Trader Group

Hey all...I created a quick video tutorial on how to create a hyperlink in your posts, signatures, conversations, profile messages or wherever you are allowed to put links here on HCW.

I hope you find this helpful!

Click Here To Watch Video Tutorial

2. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

Heidi - Nice video - this is how to add link to The HCW Coupon Database
    How do you add link to Your PERSONAL HAVELIST?????

3. queenofthehivemomof5

queenofthehivemomof5 Admin Hottie Trader Group

This tutorial is how to add a link...any link. I just used the coupon database as an example because it was what I had open at the time of creating the video :)

David is working on creating permanent URL's for the new coupon database have and wish lists. Once he has that done you will be able to follow the steps in the video to add the link to your signature or in the forums or wherever.

Hopefully he will have that soon for all you traders!

4. Linda_in_FL

Thanks Heidi - Worked on listing just 5 of the inserts that are donated to me from this week and last and added almost 200 coupons - Hope that some people can see the list - Have LOTS MORE to add - some in my inserts that are NOT in the database and some non inserts also. No time to list them all. I dont have a coupon Wish list. My wish is for a cure for all people with cancer so I trade for donations to A.C.S., or coupons that a few people who do donate there want that I do not get.

queenofthehivemomof5 likes this.
  5. dkraeer

dkraeer Mr. Hot Owner Administrator Trader Group

Linda...You were busy busy busy last night. I am going write some code that will allow people to pull up another user's list. I can only only write code so fast :)
    Thanks
    Dave

6. Linda_in_FL

Thanks - Have More inserts to do - No time and have 76 yr old fingers - I THINK you understand that.

dkraeer likes this.
  7. postalq

postalq Well-Known Member Trader Group

I followed your tutorial, however, it did not work for me. I click on edit signature. I typed in the word wish list. I highlighted it. Then I clicked on link and the box popped up. I pasted the link to my wish list in the space provided. The only options I had at the bottom were Save or Preview. So, I chose Preview. But, nothing happened. I still chose to Save and see if it had changed, but it did not. Still not able to create a link to my page using the LINK option. I just pasted the URL at the bottom of my signature.