How To How do I put a Picture in my post? (With Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Newbie Nook: START HERE, FAQs & How Tos' started by pasharain, Jun 9, 2018.

1. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥ Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 7.16.26 PM.png Do you have a Picture that you would like to share with the community? Here is how to post it so that it is viewable in the forums. Please remember to keep your pictures within the Rules of the Community. Also, NO advertising, spam, profanity or nudity is allowed, keep it PG-13.

Your picture will either be from a website or something you wish to upload from your computer or phone. We will discuss how to post in both instances:

HOW TO UPLOAD A PHOTO FROM A WEBSITE.

You first need to go to the picture you wish to post and copy the URL (the website address of the picture). With that done, create a post in the forum you have chosen. Then click on the picture icon in the post toolbar. Here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 7.16.26 PM.png

This pop up box will appear:

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 7.23.41 PM.png

Paste the picture's URL in the box and click INSERT.

Once you submit your post, your picture will be viewable.

HOW TO UPLOAD A PHOTO ON YOUR COMPUTER OR PHONE.

After starting a a new post, clip on "Upload a File" at the bottom of the post window. Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 7.28.14 PM.png
    This pop up box will appear:

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 7.30.17 PM.png
    Click on "Choose File." Then locate the picture on your computer or phone and click on it. It will automatically upload. Once you submit your post, your picture will be viewable.

Still have questions, please let us know! :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    jastwins likes this.
  2. Jorainna

Jorainna Finder of Lost "Blinkies" Staff Member Moderator Trader Group

Wow! All I do is "copy and paste" ... every once in awhile I "snip" ...
    (I am just camera shy ... lol)

pasharain likes this.
  3. pasharain

pasharain (ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥ Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group

That works sometimes, but not always. As does dragging a photo into the reply box.

Deal pics are welcome too! I understand, I hate pictures of myself. I am definitely not part of the "selfie movement."

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  4. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

All I did was Copy and Paste. Today, I tried to follow your instructions, but when I "browse" I don't find any of the pics. Mine are ones I took with my phone, which are in Google Photos on my computer, automatically.

jastwins likes this.
  5. pasharain

@XUfan I can help you trouble shoot if you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you browse. I will send you my email address.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018