Recipes - Tried & True Honey Soy Chicken

MsSweetCheeks

Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
Trader Group
Honey Soy Chicken

Ingredients:
1½ * 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (most of thefat cut and discarded)3 tbsp. vegetable oil3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce1 tsp. sesame oil5 tbsp. honey4 cloves of garlic, minced½ tsp. ground ginger½ tsp. ground black pepper

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8x8" oven*proof pan with 2 layers oftin foil. I HIGHLY advise using foil in this dish because soy sauce & honey areSTICKY and tend to adhere heavily on glass dishes when cooked at hightemperatures. Unless you want to be scrubbing forever, use the foil!2. In small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic,ground ginger, and pepper.3. Place the chicken thighs in the foil layered pan then pour the mixture on top of it. Turnthe chicken around in the sauce to make sure it gets all coated.4. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the tops are notbrowning too quickly. If they are, cover with foil and resume baking until chicken isdone.5. Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate. Do NOTdiscard the liquid.6. Immediately after plating chicken, pour sauce over top of chicken. It's delicious so you want all the sauce you can get!7. Serve with white or brown rice and some steamed vegetables.

I am cooking this for the first time tonight. I did a few things different. I am cooking it in a crockpot overnight. I used the soy sauce substitute recipe that I have to make it low sodium in place of soy sauce. I also used red pepper instead of black pepper. I prefer red pepper.